Just made a new soundpack for Heboris.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by SYN7HOR, 16 Aug 2009.

1. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

My first post...
    First of all, Tetris is my new passion, thanks to TGM. Like many others I sought out TGM after seeing some jap guy playing death on youtube. And I'm glad to say, that after a couple of months play I've just passed level 500 on TAP master. Death is slowly becoming less intimidating too, although my record is only 181. 20g is so damn fun to play! I'm nowhere near the level of you guys though.

I love Heboris (more responsive than TAP through MAME), but I've always hated the sounds... So I loaded them up in my favorite editor, simply to adjust the levels abit. And from there it went.

I intended starting a thread about Tetris sounds beforehand, to understand what you guys think is important, but when I started on the drop sound, there was no holding me back! I think these sounds are FAR better than those included with Heboris, but I'd also like to hear your opinion. Don't expect TGM-type sounds, and don't expect Arika (their sounddesign for Tetris is really, really good) quality. But personally, I love them.

All sounds are tailormade using a small synthesizer called "Kaossilator" (cept for the vocals which were made using speech synthesizers and vocoders). Therefore they are also copyright-free, as are the bgm's.

I also made a pack of bgm's, all original tunes by me. They're not essential in any way (personally I always play with sounds only and regular music in the background), but I think some of them are quite nice. They fit nicely with my other sounds. If you're into psytrance or simple crap like that, don't bother getting the bgm's. They're weird experimental tunes I made years back playing with synthesizers.

Anyway, check them out, and please give me some feedback. Tell me how it feels playing with them. For instance, the lock sound is very important to get right. I tried to make the sounds as physical as possible, yet very electronic. These packs are not complete, but the essentials are in there. If you miss a certain sound, let me know and I'll create it.

SE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G5SHDZMJ
    BGM: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LQD2CB28

Cheers!
    /S7R

2. Welcome S7NTHOR! I recognise you from youtube. :)

3. Ai

Ai

Welcome! I'll try the soundpack during the weekend.

Good TAP results. Took me many months after I started playing to get at that level. How long have you been playing? Enjoy your stay and don't be shy to post your personal bests in the competition section. ^^

4. I tried it out! I like it! I think I'll keep it!

5. Muf

Muf

Kevin Perry - I Tried It Out

Look out for this song on the record charts.

6. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

Well, "a couple of months" isn't really true.... It's probably more like six months. Could be a year....

Either way, I'm still improving, eventhough progress seems slow.... It's funny how I sometimes plays better after not playing for some days... I pretty much constantly envision Tetris problems in my head. Lately it's been mostly 20g problems.

I want to get somewhat better before I start posting results... Most results posted here are incredible.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2009
  7. Bah, just post the results on the boards. It's not like anyone is going to think less of you if they suck. Maybe it'll give you extra motivation to improve if they're there and you're not happy with how far down they are.

8. Ai

Ai

Just keep playing, try to be consistent and take a break once in a while. Progress is assured that way no matter what method you use to practice.

And what Rosti said. A year ago when I joined I posted in almost all TGM related record threads as soon as I started playing. I was dead last or near the bottom in every single case. I've become a decent player, but still a long way to go before I become a top player that posts incredible results. ^^