Just a little "intro-tournament" at DTET

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 16 Nov 2006.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I propose for people interested, a little tournament without direct battle,

just during the little time we need to masterise DTET, because more I play with this game and more I ask myself if DTET is a superior tetris than TGM and TDS... [​IMG]

So what are you able to do in this mode:

TRIAL > TIME ATTACK > ADVANCE

I propose my first score to begin : 2:47:43

(sorry I don't know how to put a img which are not on a website)

2. "masterize" is not an English word. Just "master" is enough when using it as a verb.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

"Take in hand" ?

Do you do english studies?

It's not the first time you correct my english, you seem good for a japan.. [​IMG]

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i'm in scores to follow.

5. I must say, the more I play with DRS the less I like it. Give me the "rush" feature and discard the rest and I'd be happy. I kept get a time over 3 minutes. I then loaded up Heboris to blow some steam and was able to clear 100 lines in about 2:20 in practice mode. So apparently I'm about 50% slower in DTET without learning its wallkicks.

Whose genius idea was it to make button C pause? [​IMG]

6. mat

mat

2:29:46

i'm not sure i really like this... and what's with multiple lives? we need to get this running over the internet though, would be very interesting to get an actual vs tournament going (hamachi anyone?)

7. "and what's with multiple lives?"

i actually liked this more than i thought. in multiplayer it's retarded (see tetron), but in time attacking, it's surprisingly cool. instead of giving up, you just keep going. it's not like it'll ever save you time to use another life anyway. get those 100 lines matter what!

8. mat

mat

2:20:21

well, yeah, but it will always hurt your time in a really real way so you have to not use them to get a fast one...

at any rate, anyone else watch the time trial replays that are like 1:30 and get the distinct feeling they don't have the same ARE?

9. Did you see the 44 second vid?

I am struggling to get under 2 min.

- Jono

10. normally i'd say "no limits", but i have a feeling neta (44 second guy) is likely an experimental thingy-- slowing down the fps to see where the limts of the game lie. although, i think there's a tgm player named neta.

11. Thank you very much for clearing that up. I was thinking its was tool-assited the first time i watch it.

But after playing the game for a bit a started to think that 44 seconds is was quite possible.

- Jono

12. mat

mat

hey, what's with it saying "GAMES START> TRIAL (125%)" ?

13. in the replay? press left.

14. mat

mat

no, not in the replay, in the game select screen. does this mean it is playing at 125% the normal speed?

15. That is the "achievement rate". It's supposed to start off at 0%, and increase as you make achievements like beating certain modes, and modes like Joker and Furthest are supposed to get unlocked as the percentage rises. Apparently the version going around comes with an already-fully-unlocked player savedata.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hmm..When I read your opinion about dtet, Heboris seems to be better..isn't it?

Matt_hatter, you've done 2:20 with keyboard or joystick?

17. Well, "better" is very subjective. All I can say is I have difficulty playing DTET the same way I play TGM. I've got to unlearn my A,C rotations which is surprisingly difficult. And I've got to also learn to handle A,B and B,A rotations more carefully.

Aside from that there's some minor wallkick differences that are not ignorable... One of L/J is different, notably. But I could learn to cope with that and mainly have issue with what I mentioned above.

18. mat

mat

thanks for clearing that up, needle.

amnesia, 2:20 on keyboard--i do not have a joystick.

ct, i find myself frustrated with the fact that it is not true 20g--that is, ARE charged DAS will bring a piece over what would normally be obstructions. sooo annoying... and the thing keeps double rotating when i don't want it to... is there a way to turn that off?

19. Are you sure about that 20g problem? I didn't notice it. Was it the thing Heboris does where a piece will move horizontally 1 space as it spawns when you've charged DAS?

And you can't rollback the controls to TGM standard... Feel lucky you don't use the third rotation button. [​IMG] Though yeah, that's pretty strong interference. A,B in TGM would net a 0 degree rotation (don't laugh, there are special moves that use this). A,B in DTET will net a 180 rotation unless you're really precise and lift up A before hitting B.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    no no no...Don't tell me you became a Master with keyboard!!?

I can't believe it..So I'll never understand your improvement during this last year..why..HOW.. [​IMG]