Joystick Bounce Question

Thread in 'Hardware' started by Slapfacer, 2 Jul 2015.

1. Hi all, I've been playing TGM3 on PC since watching kevinddr play back in AGDQ. I play with a madcatz arcade stick TE
    one thing that's bugging me is the rebouncing of the joystick, it keeps screwing my placement. Any tips for that?

2. Hi, and welcome to the forum. If you wish, you can always introduce yourself on the introduction thread over here!

The discussion might turn into something more stick oriented (look over here or in the Hardware section for more details) but : It seems the MCZTE stick that you possess has a Sanwa stick that's exactly from a Japanese arcade cabinet (w). Some sticks do have tight springs and tend to rebounce a lot, especially if you're hitting really hard to confirm, which is a pain since getting angry at the stick does exactly the opposite of helping.

I would advise you to either check some other sticks if you can and see if you encounter the problem on those, change the way you are holding the stick or focusing on inputting left and right as softly as possible. If nothing works, you can always get into more technical stuff and try adjusting the spring of the stick, but sometimes you just need to adapt for a while.

3. Just wait for the stick to break in. After a good 500 games or so it won't do that anymore. All stick mods are unnecessary and just get you used to a weird nonstandard setup.

4. It never fully goes away though. You need to adapt your muscle memory a bit. When you're done tapping a direction, the common instinct is to fully let go and relax your hand. You need to change that. Correct form is to relax your hand in a specific neutral position, so that any extra momentum gets stopped by the balltop hitting your hand.

You don't even need to be playing a serious game to practice, just try tapping exercises and pay attention to returning to a neutral stance.

5. Thanks for the reply. I think I will need to "stick" with it for a bit, and as colour_thief pointed out, probably practice it a bit.

6. Sorry for my ignorance, slapfacer, but how do you play TGM3 on PC? I thought it couldn't be emulated.

7. Muf

Muf

It's essentially a PC game, as the Type-X is a PC. Please do your own research and use Google, we don't like to facilitate piracy.

8. Ah, sorry. My apologies.