i've turned on admin activation

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 4 Dec 2006.

1. due to the fact bots are posting nsfw stuff automatically, i've turned it on temporarily. i don't see this as a solution, though.

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So are people supposed to register on the wiki first?

3. no, i think it'll just email admins when someone registers. the admin's probably best off googling the name and checking the profile (web.de, anything.ru, icq numbers, etc). it's not permanent. i'm working on phpbb stuff right now.

4. How do you know if someone is a bot or not when they register though? Do they have to include a small introduction of themselves and why they wanna register on the forums?

5. there're ways, but it's kind of why i said this wasn't a solution. i'm working hard on finding a solution, and i'm very open to ideas.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

anything.ru? So is it a good thing or a bad thing that Elorg moved to Delaware? [​IMG]

7. a lot of spammers use easily register-able web email accounts (.de and .ru) to automatically register to that before automatically registering to forums. in any case, i just installed two more mods (that makes six), so we'll see how that goes. better captcha, and should prevent automatic posts.