I love matthatter

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 20 Feb 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Matthatter, I am not sure at 100% it's you, but if I'm right, I want tell you

"I LOVE YOUR SKILL!!!"

Yesterday I've download from C_t an inp, where we can see a game in Master mode finished in S8 in 10min12.

And at the end the guy writes : MAT

The first 500 lv are...good..But not extraordinar

But the following 500 has shocked myself!!! [​IMG]
    It's not a perfect game with only tetrises! But it's really fun and surprising!

My S8 inp in comparison is..Horriblous and dirty...

Even on a Japan video and some Jago's video, I'd never seen before a skill so beautifful, elegant and surprising..

Maybe It's because I'd smocked before..

But I think you are really an artist, continue to improve your skill!!

I always thought 2 S8 people had naturally an identical skill and a similar way to perform the tricks..But I was wrong!

The difference between skills is very interesting!

2. matt you should give your publicist a raise

3. I think he's telling us he watched the video under drugs (he may still has been under their effects while writting this post [​IMG][​IMG] )

Btw, amnesia, it's good to talk about a video, but haven't you forgotten the most important part ?

A link to the video please [​IMG]

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hmm..,,?

Do you want it?

It's an inp..Maybe I must ask to matt before... [​IMG]

5. mat

mat

hahaha!

and yes, i agree with cyberguile, can you upload the inp file somewhere? i'd very much like to see what you're talking about. i could use a good pat on my own back.

i think this was probably when we were spading out the GM/M requirements... i haven't really been playing much lately. too much life stuff... [​IMG]
    so give me the file and then give me an example of one of my "elegant and surprising" moves! and smocking sucks, but whatever.

the publicist stays... with some serious job security...

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Keep an eye on your mail cyberguile!

I've sent you my S8 (9min25 beurk!) and the matt's S8 (10min12 but nice!!!!)

Hoo..I've nothing which could allow me to upload the file..I can send by mail.. [​IMG]

7. mat

mat

think you could send me both of those as well?

8. I'd be interested in some specific examples too. When people publicly analyze each other's play, everybody wins. If nobody does it sooner, I'll host the INP file properly when I get home.

Hopefully it wasn't just the THC talking. [​IMG]

9. Ok guys, the replay file in question is available here:

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/puzzles/999.rar

Remember that it's necessary to delete your tgm2p.nv file for the replay to work. And by delete, I mean rename or something, or else you'll lose your highscores.

10. How exactly do you playback the inp file?

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

After puting the inp in the "inp folder", you have just to laught mame and in the menu you click on "playback input"

12. mat

mat

or the command line "-playback filename"

so... care to give some specifics here amnesia? i'm left feeling unimpressed by the game. watched it twice, don't understand what it is you found so interesting. although i did note 559 as an interesting move as well as 798. but other than that? meh.

13. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I just watched the replay. Hmm, Amnesia, are you by any chance referring to matt's usage of zangis?

14. He can't, because:

"The first 500 lv are...good..But not extraordinar
    But the following 500 has shocked myself!!! "

15. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Sorry, excuse my term usage. I've come to identify zangis with anything overhang for the most part. I was referring to the overhang tactics that he uses quite often.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

OK! [​IMG]
    Maybe I'm a person easily impressionable..Because since I've seen the kotetsu's inp , I'm really thinking my skill is very low and too comon, just enought to reach some correct score but not original and esthetic..

Yesterday, after my ... [​IMG]
    I've seen a new time the matt's inp, and...I've been more impressed than the first time..

You are exactely the opposite of kotetsu : your sub-20G is average , but your 20G Skill is terrible!! I've never done the sub-20G section like Kotetsu and I've never done the 20G like yours matt..

Here my personnal note :

389 : little impressive with the J, fast, compact, skilled..

664 : I don't know why...But the move which gives you S2 is very fun nice.

707 : An other funky move I like..

798 : The 3~4 moves for passing the 800 are interesting..

862 : fun

907 : YOUR MISTAKE which cut your road for the S9 rank.

But I like all the last section, I'm unable to the last section with so much insurance...

Maybe the games of others always seems better than ours..

17. You need to learn and be more optimistic dude.

Repeat after me "oh, yeah, I ROX"

"hmmmmm, I'm so sexy when I play tetris"

Combined with some: "you freaking idiot, why do you play this way [​IMG] ", this technic should help you improve fastly [​IMG][​IMG]

18. A large proportion of Tetris skill is arrogance. You don't need to be that good. You just repeatedly say that you are until you believe yourself.

19. K

K

Hi,

So you use .inp file ? can you share some of yours too ? [​IMG]