I can't believe it's not Tetris Attack!

Thread in 'Discussion' started by lee n, 30 Apr 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Got this today.. Panel de Pon, aka Puzzle League, aka Tetris Attack (See what I did there? It's almost Tetris related!).

Anyway, it's a good* game and I figured I could start a thread about it here in the hopes of getting a few online multiplayer matches going. Have any of you guys picked it up yet? Are you going to? And if not, what's your excuse? [​IMG]

(* Yeah yeah, it's not Tetris.. but it's still pretty good.)

And without further ado, here's my friendcode:

2. That boxart is damn sexy (like the japanese GBA Dr. Mario & Puzzle League one

[​IMG]

3. It's in Japanese. [​IMG]

I'll be all over this once it's released in English.

4. That'd fall under the "Are you going to?" category. Just keep your eyes open for Planet Puzzle League on June 4th.

Btw, there are a couple of videos of different techniques available on the official homepage, here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/a8nj/technique/index.html

There's also a superplay video on the bottom of the page, maybe you want to see the game in motion.

5. Tetris Attack... with wifi.

Is the wifi any good? If it is I'll get it when it's released in Europe.

6. I'm sorry, but the last DS game I bought burned scanlines into my eyes.

Which has nothing to do with this game, but I'm still a bit annoyed.

7. May I ask which one?

Another interesting feature in Panel de Pon DS is that you can save up to 12 replays and then trade them with your friends. I know I like features like that at least..

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Unless the multiplayer is region-coded, as it is for Mario Kart Super Circuit, all pre-2007 Pokmon games, and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

EDIT: corrected

9. Super Circuit is a GBA-game, and has no online play. Mario Kart DS is world wide multiplayer. Pokmon Diamond and Pearl are both world wide, and Animal Crossing is region-centric because they changed the ingame holidays for the western release.

Most WFC-enabled DS games are, in fact, playable between regions.

10. I am getting this game day one (North America), and expect me to play with a stylus in each hand starting on day one.

11. Heh, I did that in the whac-a-mole mini game in new super mario bros, the thought hadn't occured to me that I could do the same in PdP..

12. Air Gear

Air Gear Unregistered

It's Tetris Attack with the ability to shift rows up while you're matching things, hence things like the 360 (I think) chain on the Japanese SNES version. It'd be nice to know why that was removed for the US versions so far.

As for DS dual-wielding, some of you actually got that down? I tried it on Meteos (yeah, tier 3 puzzle at best; got it on an impulse buy) and it was tough to get the timing down, as whenever both are touching the screen it registers as the midpoint of the contact points, and while trying to play quickly that can suck...

13. Hell, they re-re-re-re-released tetris attack ? [​IMG]
    One more to get for my collection.

14. Actually, Tetris Attack was a re-release of the original Panel de Pon.. but yeah.

15. I think you're confused. The feature you're talking about was first introduced in Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for GBC, and later appeared on Dr. Mario + Puzzle League on GBA. It was originally introduced to make up for the shorter screen height (9x6 instead of 12x6) and has not yet appeared in a console version. Though the GBA and now the DS game have it even though they are 12x6.

16. Air Gear

Air Gear Unregistered

I guess it was the GBA version, then...could have sworn it was the SNES one. Huh.

17. Is playing with both thumbs necessary? [​IMG]

18. Not if you're using the stylus, no.

Point in case, the DS touch screen only accept input from one stylus at a time, and even if you were able to time it correctly so you can use two stylii alternatingly, I think it would be difficult to pull off combos faster than in the above videos anyway - especially considering you have to feed up new blocks constantly, and you're probably better off doing that with one of the shoulder buttons with your other hand.

I'll be interesting to see if you can prove me wrong once you get the game though.