How to interrupt TGM1 action indefinitely

Thread in 'Discussion' started by COL, 20 Nov 2011.

1. COL

COL

2. Well, it's not indefinite. You can see the pieces fade as they lose lock delay frames. You're basically paying the cost of one frame of lock delay per sweep across the top of the I to avoid the piece falling on this gravity cycle. If you did enough of these sweeps, it would eventually instant lock.

3. Hmm... I always thought TGM gravity worked by adding(or subtracting) the gravity value to a counter every frame, and dropping the piece when the counter wraps passed 255(or 0). If the piece landed, it wouldn't add, but it also wouldn't change the counter for when the piece is free to fall again.

So does this video prove it actually sets that counter to 0(or 255) when the piece lands in TGM? Is this behavior also possible in TAP?

Also, maybe the slow play board will now have all its scores beaten easily: http://www.tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=1496

4. Ai

Ai

I also saw the post and video this weekend. The blogsite is currently down for maintenance, but I believe 777 said if done correctly you could slow down the game for about 30 seconds each time you use the technique. Furthermore he mentions that he cleared the game before in over 42 minutes while reverse time attacking using this method.

I gave it a try and it's pretty difficult to get this trick to last more than 15 seconds in most cases. Maybe I need to slow down more while doing the sideways motions. Anyway, as Kasumi already indicated feel free to post in the [TGM] Miscellaneous Challenges thread. ^^

Last edited: 21 Nov 2011
  5. 42 minutes o_O

lol, 777 is a TGM1 god in every possible manner ;)

6. Ai

Ai

In this blog post where he reveals the trick he mentions a time of 42:37:93, though I'm not sure whether it's actually his slowest clear time. In his last blog entry he posted screenshots of his play. It shows a game clear in 41:35:15 (S8 so slower is certainly possible) and an image with a time of 11:26:85 at level 28!!

I recently asked 777 if he ever managed to score more than 300k and he's considering giving it a try. ^^