Highest grade + secret grade achievable?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by xyrnq, 19 Feb 2016.

1. It's currently orientation week at my university and the video game club had TGM1 competition (which I wasn't around to participate in unfortunately). I did manage to show off a little bit with it though. They also ran the same competition last year and the winning grade was a 2 IIRC, so I knew I could easily impress everyone with the grade I could get. So I decided to beat their grade and do a secret grade at the same time.

This resulted in a master grade of 1 and a secret grade of 4 (ignore the top, after I did what I wanted I gave the controls to someone else).

[​IMG]

So far I've seen a secret grade is achieved only after topping out. Is this a necessity though? For example, in TGM1 at least, is it possible to both get a master GM and a secret GM? Obviously things would have to work out extremely nicely, but it would mean you haven't topped out. I've tried experimenting a little bit with low secret grades, but I've failed every time because I'm out of practice with TGM1.

I also don't see anything in the competition subforum about combing the master and secret grade, I'd be interested in some kind of competition around getting a high secret grade and high master grade, but I'm not sure anyone else would be.

Qlex likes this.
  2. Your answer is here (at least for TGM2) ^^ :

However, I don't know if the game decides what secret grade you got at the end of the staff roll or at 999.

Muf and EnchantressOfNumbers like this.
  3. Oh of course! I've even watched that video, albeit not recently. I feel like a right idiot now. Thanks for reminding me of it though!