Heboris 20g - help needed

Thread in 'Strategy' started by Altimor, 29 Jan 2008.

1. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I've been playing G4 20g on Heboris for a while now, and I can't get to level 500 in 6:00. I need a faster strategy than stacking. Please help.

2. i'm not that good at 20g but looking at your video i think a problem is you are clearing too many single and double lines and not enough triples and tetrises. Clearing lines takes up time so it is better to clear more lines at once.

3. As well as clearing more Tetrises, try locking pieces manually. You don't seem to at all in that video, and it's the main place you will gain seconds.

Other than that, you do quite well, especially at the section boundaries.

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Thanks for the help guys! So far I'm doing a lot better!

EDIT : Red Star, the ROT system I use lets me cancel out delays, so that doesn't matter.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yeah, rosti's right. If you manually lock, you'll shave off minutes from your time. It definitely seems to me like you'll be able to lock as you didn't really have trouble stacking.

6. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

When all is said and done, 2 things matter.

1) pieces per minute

2) lines per clear.

So, to perform best in ti style play, you must places pieces as fast as possible, and clear as many triples and tetrises as possible, because they increase the level counter faster (line bonuses are applied).

Stacking is the right idea, but you need to manually lock to increase your pieces per minute.

7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I can cancel out delays, so line clear delays don't matter. It's the pieces per minute that do.

8. Ghetto says:

i didn't know you could do that on 20g. I was just basing the line clear thing off your video which has line clear delay.

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

D.R.S rotation allows you to cancel delays.

10. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I know DRS lets you cancel ARE. but it has a skip for line clear delay too?

11. The general concensus is that line clear delay is just an extension of ARE, and that the actual number that's quoted is the difference in ARE between a line being made and no line being made. The animation time is misleading...

12. jujube

jujube Unregistered

So take me down to Misdrop City...

i bet the grass is brown and the girls are ugly [​IMG]

13. And all the skyscrapers are very tall, but extremely poorly made and with holes all over the place.