Hawaii Tournament Results

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by caffeine, 25 Jun 2007.

1. Taieya Goda won a THC organized tournament recently. You can read about it through the tetris.com front page. I can't link to it because it's flashified. She won an Xbox 360 and Tetris Evolution (not nearly enough to pay expenses to fly there and back unfortunately). Cool to have a real official tournament by the makers. I guess the Nintendo tournament would count too now that I think about it.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

?

just kidding [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. mat

mat

i'm assuming this was played on TDS? not a mention of the game in the article...

EDIT: i can't read... tetris evolution.

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Tournaments sound nice but I wish they're more accessible.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Tet?a-hydro-whatabinol?

6. tetris holding company. ttc is so five minutes ago.

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Did anyone else connect Tetris Holding to cannabis before today? But as I understand it, Tetris Holding replaces Elorg, and The Tetris Company continues to exist. It's all a big shell game if you ask me.

8. I should've seen that joke coming...

9. Chaos

Chaos Unregistered

any chance anyone knew where and when this tourney was held? I've been a hardcore tetris fan for a long time and i didnt hear of this tourney at all. sad to say I went threw some of these threads and I lots of this stuff I don't understand. But I'll do some minor research so I don't make myself look like too much of a noob. But that aside, as of late I've been on Tetris DS for quite some time. And I average out a 7200 - 7300 rating. So hoepfully I'm not too much of a noob to you guys. lol..

10. No, but I should have. TTC's representative on our board even has a "420" in his screen name.

11. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

C'mon guys, don't relate Tetris with something illegal [​IMG]
    As for my SN, its a personal SN i have been using for a long time in many places. It's easy to just have one SN. I am in no way promoting anything illicit.

Back to the topic at hand, the Hawaii tournament was a great turnout. It wasn't anything big and fancy, just something we did at a mall for two weeks. I will post pics of the venue when I have the time. And a girl won!!!

12. Great, I look forward to the pics.

13. is there a little story connected to your SN / nickname?

my nic - believe it or not - does not stem from hercules, but from the hercules monitors back in the old ages. they were the first highres monitors out there. i loved them, because they were so much more "HD" (72034B) than these ugly coloured 320x200 CGA Monitors.

[​IMG]

now look here for a hercules monitor screenshot:

[​IMG]

14. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

15. cool setup. there should be one of those in every mall. [​IMG]