Favorite New Mode

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Josh, 26 May 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Unregistered

What's everyone's favorite new mode in Tetris DS? Mine would have to be Mission mode, with Push as the runner-up. I like the pressure of trying to complete a mission in a certain amount of time while each mission is harder than the last. Plus, the Zelda theme kicks ass.

2. mission also-- it's the only mode with a timer. i wish they would've put a timer on marathon.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Mission mode, followed by puzzle mode. Minor flaws:

• Conspicuous by its absence from Mission mode is T-spins.
    • Puzzle mode's directions assigned to each orientation seem wrong. Shouldn't the "standard" rotation be Up?

Write-in vote: Death mode (start marathon at level 20 and it's the closest thing to TGM2 outside of Japan).

4. Guest

Guest Unregistered

Poor choice of game to compare it to. Infinity changes everything significantly.... This would be closest to TGMA and not very close at all to everything else. There's much more to death mode than 20g,

5. WTF, I had just logged in.

6. Guest

Guest Unregistered

Yeah, I wouldn't call it Death mode, I would call it something like... "Falling thousands of feet into an ocean of chocolate pudding with a parachute ready" mode.

7. ...that was me >_>

8. Mission and push modes are definately the best new modes. Push can be quite entertaining as a multiplayer, but mission has the nostalgic Zelda music (sigh...)