ds lite

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Guest, 1 Jun 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Unregistered

so i just got the ds lite and i've gotta admit.... i fucking hate it.

i'm probably not used to it but the feel is pretty shitty and either the buttons are too sensitive or my fingers are too fat or something. the arrow button (the one on the left) doesn't have a distinct "click" like the ds does. and i'm having a lot of difficulties with the up and dropping pieces......

i might have a ds lite for sale soon.

anyone else have a ds lite? the japanese guys seem to be pretty good (per capita) so it must be tolerable..... at some point.

2. Nick15

Nick15 Unregistered

I'm passing on the Lite. I got myself a DS anyways, that's good enough. I don't need two of them.

3. Sully

Sully Unregistered

My DS was spiked like a football (thus breaking into 2 pieces) a few days ago after I had an anger management issue. I haven't behaved like that over video games since I was about 13 ('d smash my nes controllers). I'm currently playing on a DS that I borrowed from an EB games (I'm friends with the manager and they have about 20 used DSs), so I'll be buying a Lite as soon as I can. And from various reports on teh interweb, some Targets and WalMarts are selling them today. I'm about to call around.

4. Guest

Guest Unregistered

ha sully! i took mine in my left hand (this is after i threw it a couple times and the touch screen didn't work any more and i was using an eyeglasses screwdriver to keep the power button on) and i clenched my right hand and i pounded my old DS like i just found out it was fucking my girlfriend.

and then i had to get a new one.

anyway, after playing the ds lite for about 5 hours.... i'm still not convinced. but i think it has the potential to have faster button action than the ds.... except i keep fucking up.

word on the street is that walmart and target corrected their mistake, anyone else hear this?

5. Guest

Guest Unregistered

ds lite is out? do you think it better for tetris ds or what? someone want to give a straight answer?

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I called my local walmarts and targets and struck out. But some guy on the Nintendo forums said he bought one at a walmart in my area, so I asked him which store and he told me the exact one (which was about 25 miles from my house). I called- they had them. So I ran out there only to get shot down when they tried to ring the damn thing up. Bastards.

7. Shirase

Shirase Unregistered

Wait...so they had them but couldn't ring it up? Am I understanding that correctly?

Any, I'm glad I'm not the only one who think the DS Lite is overrated. Upon getting my DS, I wondered quite a few times "What the hell is wrong with this design?"

8. i thought it didn't come out until the eleventh.

9. Sully

Sully Unregistered

10. Guest

Guest Unregistered

one of the guys that works for me was checking some forum (or maybe digg.com?) and cruised to walmart and bought 3 before they realized their blunder. I was thinking of you guys and i told him to go back and buy as many as he could get (because we knew that they were only released a few places and definitely in wisconsin) but we were lazy and sat around getting used to the ds lite instead.

anyway, apparently the games weren't in the system and the clerk at walmart just rang it up as "miscellaneous electronics." that's why some (you might say astute, i might say dickhead) clerks wouldn't sell them.

11. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Yep. He scanned the barcode and the register said "Sale not allowed." He tried a few times and eventually called up front where they told him that it can't be sold because it had been recalled (the only explanation they could come up with). Morons.

I was so close....