Does anyone have The Next Tetris?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Lewis, 1 May 2008.

1. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

I'm just interested whether anyone else plays the Next Tetris, so I can compare scores, cascades etc. I'm currently on Level 11, and can't seem to get further.

2. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I have the game.

It's hard, especially since the game uses it's own unique asymmetrical rotation system.

I don't find the main mode very fun.

3. isn't ars asymmetric in a few senses? isn't difficulty resulting from such things perceived as "fun" and "challenging" by the arika crowd?

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I don't quite like the asymmetrical aspect of ARS. The challenge and fun comes from other aspects. [​IMG]

5. difficulty playing in 20g because of the downward orientations? i don't really see the wall kicks as that difficult.

6. I thought this thread was about The Next Tetris.

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Neither TNT game's rotation system has been entirely documented to my knowledge.

8. Zaphod77

the center of rotation is different for clockwise and ccw rotation.

so if you rotate a z back and forth, it will move across the screen depending on which direction you rotated it first!

it really messes with your head.

9. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

Strange, when I rotate a Z back and forth, it stays in the same place. Are you playing the PC version or the PlayStation version?

10. Zaphod77

try rotatign it once, then rotating it back and forth. i am playing the ps1 version, and it definitely ratchets the piece along.

11. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

On the PC version, the Z definately stays in the same place, no matter how I rotate it.