Disable Lockjaw Music

Thread in 'Discussion' started by CS5n531, 23 May 2007.

1. CS5n531

CS5n531 Unregistered

How do I turn of the music/all the sounds in Lockjaw? Didn't see anything in options, and the actual music wasent anywhere in LJ.dat (I looked.)

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

its not a build in feature. You can how ever delete the background music file. That of course gets rid of the background music. Then you download allegro grabber and pull the wav files out of the .dat file.

3. CS5n531

CS5n531 Unregistered

Like I said..I had looked in the LJ.dat file, and I cannot find the background music for LockJaw. I did, however, do what you said with allegro grabber. I deleted all of the sounds, and what do you know - just what I thought. It just deleted the .wav files found, the spinning noises and such. I still hear the background music.

Where is the background music .wav located? Does it have to do with the skin?

4. CS5n531

CS5n531 Unregistered

It was, in fact, in the skins folder. NOT the .dat.

5. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

WOW. I could've told you that. Which is in fact why i broke my explanation of what you had to do into 2 pieces. If you notice, i said to delete the background music file before i said anything about allegro grabber. I really don't think your whole attitude is necessary especially because i was trying to help you.

6. CS5n531

CS5n531 Unregistered

Apparently I have an altitude? ..over Tetris? You misunderstood, I'm a lot more mature than that sorry. Next time be specific and give directories, or say its in the skin folder.

7. BTW, AFAIK one won't find a "Skins" folder unless they have installed one of my skin packs for LJ [​IMG] Anyhow, if you're using various skins, alternatively you can also edit the "bgm=" line within the skin's ".skin" file, effectively disabling the music.

For one not using skins, simply rename (or delete) LJ's "BgM.s3m" music file.

(Edit) P.S. Another method for completly disabling both the sound effects and music (actually, more like turning the volume all of the way down):

Create a plain-text file using Windows Notepad, adding the following two lines:

[sound]

digi_volume = 0

contained in it, and then save it to the filename "Allegro.cfg" (minus the quotes) to your main LJ game directory. The volume of the sfx and music will then be set to "0" -:)

8. CS5n531

CS5n531 Unregistered

awsomeee! :] your the man Rich

9. Still editing the readme (so's it's not quite ready to release yet), but note that this slider is not an "on-the-fly" sort of thing. There are no "real-time" adjustments, as the game will need to be exited and then restarted in order for the changes to take effect.

But hey... better 'n nuthin', right? -:)