Combos FTW in "Tetris Battle"

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 25 Dec 2008.

1. Anybody else beta testing the new Facebook game? Anyone who was a fan got an invite, I think. What are your thoughts? My first thought is that since it's not live, cheaters will reign high throne. =]

2. Blink's first comment was that garbage lines weren't clearable. Meaning that games between top players will just be 15-second sprints.

3. You clear them by sending lines. :/

4. mat

mat

wow, someone needs to help make sense of this for me. i am totally confused at what's going.

5. Also, bravos are totally OP:

6. is this on facebook? i didnt get an invite :/

7. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

are we talking about the beta 5 version of tetris on facebook?

8. Azkar

Azkar Unregistered

My only issue with it is garbage clearing. I'm used to playing TDS where I can clear my own garbage, so when I get a lot of garbage lines on my screen in this game I always struggle because I'm thinking about trying to clear those garbage lines instead of trying to get tetrises

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

This sort of garbage reduces playfield space and can't be cleared by the normal method, but it can be cleared by sending garbage. Tetris 2 and Wario's Woods do exactly the same thing, except they draw it as a lowered ceiling instead of a raised floor. (In Tetris 2, to send or remove a line of ceiling, clear the lowest virus on the board; in Wario's Woods, make more than three in a row.) Would that have made a difference?

10. xanhast

xanhast Unregistered

is it just me or is this again only pseudo-multiplayer... you don't interact with garbage so you're just playing against a reply of another player. Yup, you can pause the game..

not sure if i mind its just a bit weird

editadd: I've also "won" many games i clearly lost...

11. jujube

jujube Unregistered

it is kind of weird. part of any kind of competition is responding to what the other player is doing in real time and making adjustments. obviously whoever you're playing against can't do that.