*blockgasm*

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Muf, 10 Apr 2008.

1. Muf

Muf

In what appears to be something like collective consciousness, the Heboris developers have implemented netplay into Hebo Mini!

I've set up a (temporary) server and I've played caffeine, edo and Caithness. Orgasmic is our only word for it.

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to the Heboris Uploader and fetch Hebo Mini V19, and V20b (patch). Extract these over an existing copy of YGS2K Heboris.

Setting up netplay in Hebo Mini:

Launch heboplugin.exe, and click Add. Now add all the plugins listed in plugin_net, and close heboplugin.

Setting up a server:

in other\heboserver there's source code and a Windows binary for the Hebo Mini netplay server. It takes one argument which is the port it will be listening on. So for example:

C:\Hebo Mini\other\heboserver\> heboserver.exe 5001

Will launch the Hebo Mini netplay server, listening on port 5001.

For someone to be able to connect to you on your server, it's likely that you're going to have to forward the TCP port in question.

Connecting to a server:

Open up heboris.ini, and find this line:

Code:
    //?????? (Netplay?
    Pick any of the values and change "localhost" into the IP address or hostname/dyndns of the server you are connecting to, and change the number to the port number. So if good ol' Alexey was hosting a game on port 2541, an entry would look something like this:
    Code:
    networkServerName[0] = "pajitnov.ath.cx";  // ???? (Host)
    networkServerPort[0] = 2541;    // ????? (Port)
    Now launch Heboris.exe, and start a game like you're used to, but select one of these three plugins:

NET_LINES -- Race eachother to 40 lines

NET_STANDARD -- Normal Tetris with garbage, no items

NET_ULTRA -- Race eachother to the highest amount of lines cleared or score (configurable), this mode seems bugged

Choose Host or Guest, hosts can only play guests and guests can only play hosts.

A server can host multiple games, in pairs of Host/Guest, and obviously with matching plugins.

I'll be hosting all day until I go to bed:

infernoz.speedxs.nl:24511

And DeHackEd seems to have a server up as well:

dehacked.2y.net:5000

I'm located in Europe, DeHackEd's in Canada, so for people on the west side of the Atlantic ocean, you'll want to connect to DeHackEd, and folks on the east side of the Atlantic will want to connect to me.

Let the block orgies begin! [​IMG]

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

LET US HOPE IT RUNS IN WINE!!

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Holy shit is all I have to say...

4. I cant get it to run.

Can someone just upload the entire folder please?

Sorry if I'm dumb with computers (which I am, lol).

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Come to #arika on Quakenet. [​IMG]

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

DeHackEd has kindly set up a server for us to play on.

dehacked.2y.net:5000

7. mat

mat

1. this actually works.

2. blockgasm.

8. amazing, i skipped over the thread in the morning because of the stupid title

but this is truly big news

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

muf preferred this title. [​IMG]

10. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I've written a new net_standard.c

It is identical to the existing one, but with one important difference.

It provides for forcing ARE on if the guest player has configured his rotation system to skip it.

By default it's at "player choice", but you can force ARE OFF, ON, or ON(WITH SKIP)

get it here

REMOVED, folded into the main plugins.

Looks like they saw it. [​IMG]

11. mIRC?

I don't use it.

12. Muf

Muf

If any Hebo Mini developers are reading this, I have two bug/annoyance reports:

• Consecutive games have the same piece sequence
    • There is no way to know who you are playing against! A name or arcade sign (ARK, KIL, MUF, etc) would be good for identifying opponents

Other than that, this is great! [​IMG] We are all loving it. ?????!

EDIT: Also thank you for beta 3! The english translation of heboserver is much appreciated.

13. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

NOTICE: BETA 3 of V20 is out. This message is to keep everyone in synch.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

OH OH OH OH !!!!!!

I CAN FEEL A MEGA CONTEST FOR SOON... [​IMG][​IMG]

Me with Ti ARS joystick VS DIGITAL Ti SRS keyboard

So exciting..

Everybody will be able to choose his hand support, ARS/SRS/DRS..

Bou will show his new power on DRS..

My god..That will change our life.. [​IMG]

15. Help!

I can't get it to work!

Please someone upload a folder with everything ready.

16. It is easy. You extract zip files. The first one is named hebo160a.zip. When you have an extracted folder, it is time to extract hebo0021.zip (HEBORIS U.E. MINI V19) into that folder replacing some files. Then you extract hebo0024.zip (HEBORIS U.E. MINI V20 BETA3 (Patch)) into the same folder as above, replacing some files.

Now run heboplugin.exe, add the following plugins and press OK:

plugin_net\net_line.c

plugin_net\net_standard.c

plugin_net\net_ultra.c

When you load Heboris for the first time, you have to setup the buttons. Then you can setup the rest, such as windowed mode, or fullscreen.

Finally choose the game "net_standard" and..... annoyingly you have to wait for someone to join your game.

17. Lol, I was downloading the wrong build.

Well, I'm on now waiting for someone to join.

18. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

My plugin is now obsolete. [​IMG]

It's been folded into the main code.

(yes, they used the same variable name i used to do it. No, i don't have a problem with that. [​IMG] )

19. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

What you want to do is get into #arika on Quakenet. Sitting there and waiting for people at random can be very problematic.

20. I don't use IRC, because I can't find a download of a good program, and it never works when I try to connect to anything.

EDIT: nevermind

Got is working.