block skins and backgrounds thread for LockJaw

Thread in 'Discussion' started by deepdorp, 28 Aug 2006.

1. i thought i would make this thread for posting/requesting block skins and backgrounds to be used in Lockjaw, as it seems a few people around here are interested in that.

to start off, i have made skins for the SRS system that resemble the [MODDED] levels. to use, rename the file for the level you want to ljblocks.bmp and replace the default file in your lockjaw folder.

*to use these specific ones correctly, you will also have to remove the ljconn.bmp file in that same folder*.

if you're like me, and you change them up often, you can make a folder inside the lockjaw folder that will contain the various skins and backgrounds--that way to use them you just move the files back and forth and rename as needed, and you won't overwrite.

and here they are, [MODDED] levels 00-09, in a .zip file:

ok i used rapidshare for now, savefile seems to be having issues.

[MODDED]

here's an screen taken while using the [MODDED] level 03(or 13) block skin:

[MODDED]

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

if you want i can just host the files for you.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

E-mail them to me (tepples+lockjaw ? spamcop net) and I'll put them in the next version of lj-contrib.

But what is wrong with this picture?

[MODDED]

4. sent.

and, nothing is wrong. isn't that gameboy color? not too sure as i only had the gameboy monochrome.

5. Alpha Omicron

Alpha Omicron Unregistered

I don't see anything wrong. It's just the Guideline colour scheme.

6. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

as far as i can tell nothing is wrong

7. Alpha Omicron

Also, I've already sent them Tepples.

8. Ephphatha

Ephphatha Unregistered

Well, there is a misplaced J piece...

9. tepples

What's wrong is that they're NES block shapes but the NES is incapable of the guideline color scheme. The NES's background has a backdrop color and four palettes each of three colors, but only one color palette can be applied to each 16x16 pixel area (size of an O tetromino or [?] block). That's why Dr. Mario and Tetris 2 have three colors. Game Boy Color, on the other hand, can assign a color palette to each single 8x8 pixel tile.

And I received them. They'll show up in lj-contrib alongside v0.16.

10. woah... it's all... surfy like. coolness.

11. Alpha Omicron

I'm also working on getting a white-square-brackets skin going. Alexey-style.

12. alpha, i just did one. was working on it as you must have been posting.

its funny, i also was going to use the title alexey-style. great minds think alike!

here it is:

alexey blocks

13. Alpha Omicron

That is dead-on the same as mine. You wouldn't happen to be a chick, would you? XD

14. I made a skin based on A-Tribute-to-Tetris.

[​IMG]

Alternate background & preview

[​IMG]

Download

I still need Guy Vandevoorde or Axel de Roy's permission to make this 100% legal, but they both seem impossible to contact (I got a mailer-daemon error with Axe de Roy and Guy Vandevoorde's blog is hasn't been updated since March and he didn't left a mail to contact him).

15. petitprince, those are cool. i especially like the artwork in the first background.

16. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

petit that is the coolest skin i have seen yet.

17. Alpha Omicron

The statue in the second background was from a Comintern expo, wasn't it?

18. just a little skin i did tonight. some ages influence. <a href="http://www.tetrisconcept.com/space is the place.zip">temp hosting</a>.

[​IMG]

19. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

that ones really cool too...

20. tepples

New skin rule: LJ 0.18 will support separate images for the shadow. Extend ljblocks.bmp to 192x144, and copy the third and fourth rows into the fifth and sixth.