Best Tetris player from TC.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by GFish, 22 May 2008.

1. I know many of you won't be able to answer this but someone asked me who was the best and it made me think.

Note: If you aren't on the list i'm sorry. I either don't know you or i forgot.

Also, I voted for Digital. He hides his true skill from everyone; Including himself.

2. Maserati

Maserati Unregistered

i vote for blink

3. yeah, blink is an outstanding player. But i was limited poll choices. The original had about 20 people on it.

4. haha thanks, but yeah i vote for digital too. I have to improve some more to reach him, and I think everybody knows Digital is the best on TC lol. No vote necessary!

5. But why/how does digital pwn so much? Must be the whole Asian thing. lol

6. For ARS, I'd be split between colour_thief and Jagorochi.

For an all-round best Tetris player though, I think it's Digital hands-down.

7. from my experience, Digital is the best because he is fast, has good stacking, great timing and garbage countering, and very good t-spin recognition. I still lack the great timing and garbage countering.

8. hehe, it happens to us all. Digital needs to pass his skills down to his brother.

9. absolutely noone is faster, or cleaner, or better in any way, in any rotation system or any game or any mode, than lee n.

10. Why is it that myself, Caithness, Lee N, DeHackEd and mufunyo are on the list, and yet Jono and Maserati aren't?

We're nothing special (no offence intended to any of those names), meanwhile their LJ scores are pretty damn amazing.

11. Muf

Muf

I voted DIGITAL. I bet if you gave him a real TAP PCB hooked up to a keyboard he'd own ct's scores hands down. As for why I'm even in the poll, I only own two records here on the forum (Hebo DOOM and TAP Normal), and they're not even remotely impressive.

12. We should have a gigantic TC Tetris tournament somewhere with different Tetris games in it, arranged in some smart way, to determine the best Tetris player (not just like TGM or just Tetris DS etc). Put it on a date long ahead in the future and in a somewhat smart location in the world so everyone on TC can save up money for it and travel there. For the Ultimate Tetris Concept Showdown.

That's the way I'd like to find out who the best Tetris player on TC is. Not in some poll. =)

....I wish! [​IMG] But it would be legen- ... wait for it... DARY!

13. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Now now muf, I wouldn't go so far as to say I would own at TAP with a keyboard if given the chance to play on a PCB. [​IMG] I'm doing okay with Ti style modes but that probably won't translate well to TAP.

As for general Tetris awesomeness, I'd nominate blink for his very quick learning and adaptation. Though he doesn't play ARS, what he does want to play, he improves really quickly at. I've personally witnessed his fast improvement on TDS. And on Tetris Friends, he demonstrated his flexibility in modifying his style to near perfection for the singleplayer modes. Note that blink didn't learn about T-Spins until only months ago where as most of the TDS players here have acquired the knowledge and experience over a VERY long period of time. Not limited to just T-Spins, blink already has a speedy background and he's also able to make tetrises and plow through garbage very efficiently. Singleplayer? Multiplayer? It matters not to blink. So yeah, he is a really awesome player in that regard.

14. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

I'm not voting because this whole thing is subjective and a waste of time. Who cares who is the best, the whole forum is about bettering yourself.

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Same here. I SUCK at TAP. [​IMG]

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Here the real list of the 10 best players, in my opinion..

(Not sorted [​IMG] )

DIGITAL

jagorochi

colour_thief

matt_hatter

caffeine

kotetsu

Amnesia

etherstorm

edo

jono

then :

jujube

Rosti

mfm

cyberguile

DeHackEd

EIHoppe

outsider :

maserati

virus

fnord

this 3 peoples are only focused on lockjaw 40 lines, so I can't tell if they are stronger than me or not..

PS : I voted DIGITAL offcourse, but who voted for me ?? [​IMG]

17. blink is my homeboy, I wish he lived in norcal instead of digital. I bet he'd invite me over for pho unlike that hater, digital, stop ducking me, digital! [​IMG]

18. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

If it makes you feel any better, I'm moving to Socal in a few months. [​IMG]

19. fnord

fnord Unregistered

I think Jono, Maserati, or virus. 210+ TPM in LJ. Digitial is really good at both TGM and LJ, but those three are a bit faster, at least in LJ, and IIRC Jono got 1300 in Hebo Doom with SRS, so he's also competent with TGM. I list virus because he had a faster time than the one he submitted, and said he wouldn't submit it because he lacked video proof or something.

TGM-wise I guess I'd say jago and CT. Oh, and Digital of course.

Amnesia: outsider? TC is the only Tetris community I've ever been to.

Yeah, you're probably better, LJ is really the only game I'm that good at. I'm not even that great at TDS, let alone TGM. Lots of people are better than me despite me being above them in LJ, since most of them beat me in basically everything but LJ.

20. I knew you were scared of the kid but to go as far as moving down south. [​IMG] Atleast I'll be the norcal king of tetris then!