Best Tetris NES ROM

Thread in 'Discussion' started by svalis47, 3 Jun 2016.

1. I wish to play Tetris NES, but I don't have an NES and I don't want to buy one just to play Tetris. What is the best Tetris NES ROM for PC?

EDIT: I found one, but it doesn't save scores after I close it. It also use K and L for turning pieces. DOes anyone have a better one?

Last edited: 4 Jun 2016
  2. None of the NES Tetris games saved your score. And you can change the keys used in your emulator's settings.

3. Heh. What buttons are configured to the NES controller buttons is based on how you configured your emulator, it has nothing to do with the ROM.

Of the actual Nintendo Tetris game, the popular version, there should be only two ROMs- the European and the American ones. (if there are more, it must be really pointless revisions or prototypes)
    You should get the American version, as the timing on the European one is somewhat broken. While that does make for some interesting changes that does have a small competitive community, the USA version is really the "default" version you should play if you want to play NES tetris.

There are a few Tetris games released in Japan only as well, but they are quite different from the "famous" one, and of course there's the Tengen/Atari Tetris as well, which is decent, but not a competitive game at all because it's fairly easy to play forever.

Also, "I don't want to buy a NES just to play Tetris" is a pretty damn lazy excuse for software piracy, but I guess this is a bad time and place to take up that discussion...

Svavar and Omio9999 like this.