Ban Corrosive?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jujube, 17 Mar 2009.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

please explain your vote.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i voted no because he'll sign up under a different name, just like he did at tetrinet.

3. You raise this poll and then vote no anyway?

I vote no because he's improved recently (as in the last 72 hours or so). Apologies and showing some civility and whatnot. And I don't think he's really much on the forum itself that would merit a ban anyway.

4. I voice my opinions just like everybody else does on here, and I've been censoring my swearing.

If I don't have the same rights as the rest of you then fine ban me.

5. Muf

Muf

This is just going to be like that ban ghetto poll, tied between pity votes and real votes.

6. Do you bitch about everything?

7. People who vote no might be biased because they haven't seen all his posts that moderation has deleted.

As much as I feel justified in banning him from #arika, I don't think he deserves a ban from tetrisconcept. Hell, jujube's done most of the above mentioned moderation so I'm going to go with his judgement. Though if the amount of moderation needed doesn't drop off soon then just ban him. Nobody is worth that much micromanaging.

EDIT
    Though if he's going to throw a hissy fit every time someone remotely pushes his buttons...

8. m:)

m:) Unregistered

the insulting comments are very childish.

you can be cocky about winning without being a dick head.
    there is no need for disrespect and that has no part in any game.
    the lying speaks for itself, one did involve me (lying that he played me before i had blockbox running)

i get the feeling TC is tight enough that if someone isn't welcome the cold shoulder will prevail, for this reason i vote no.

nobody likes a lier, you just can't trust them. corrosive tells so many of them chances are it's all he tells.

don't feed the trolls and they move on..

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Just to give a more objective outlook on this. People who vote yes may be biased as well because they have not seen all the stuff he's said in #tetrisconcept. He's done some random things which I realize irritate some people, but he's also been helping people out and he's brought in some really nice new players. If you guys would stop provoking him, he won't feel like he has to defend himself. I know he's made a bad first impression on a lot of you but can we let it go and move on?

m:), I think you might have gotten off to some misunderstanding with him. I don't think he would lie about playing you for the sake of it. Sure his comments are tongue in cheek at times, but I doubt he's lying for some selfish agenda.

10. Muf

Muf

He's also lied about winning from matt_hatter 15-6, whereas mat reported it as 15-8, whom I'm much more inclined to believe. I think the reasoning is that if the lie is subtle enough it'll go unnoticed. At least Ghett0 was nice and blatant in his lying.

11. No clue where the f*ck you are getting that from nor how you would have any clue when you aren't even in the league nor in the irc chat. You just keep trying to slander me on here. Priceless.

12. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

How do you know it's a lie? Maybe it's a mistake. That's why both players are encouraged to confirm the results if they notice something off. They played more than one set so scores could have gotten jumbled up. Corrosive's a lot more honorable than that I'm sure.

13. m:)

m:) Unregistered

i saw unprovoked comments aimed at Jono in the irc channel and that said that.. i understand what you say about family, but i don't let people treat my family in that manner. ever.

i think the selfish agenda is attention. there's better ways to get it.

14. Hmm... TC isn't censored... right guys? Why would we need to edit or even delete corrosive's posts?

All I've really gathered is that corrosive talked a bunch of shit, which is absolutely no surprise seeing how he's been doing that for years. I see no need for moderation there. What is important is that people know spindizzy didn't actually die--I can see merit for a mod editing in "THIS IS A LIE" in that post, but that's all.

Just last week I got a PM from a guy who thought it's awesome how the staff at TC is so cool and TC isn't filled with dumb rules. I like that about this place. Don't you?

15. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'm assuming what you're referring to are his comments on Jono's multiplayer ability. Yeah, it was crude and could offend people. However, there is some truth to what he is saying. Jono's specialty is not in multiplayer. Sure, Corrosive could have expressed it more nicely, but I bet he's not lying about it. He does praise Jono for his singleplayer player speeds though. If you don't believe me, I'll post the log of it later.

16. My condolences to Jono and his dear family. I'm sure they are all really torn at my unprovoked internet comments. May God be with them in this rough time that I have put them through.

17. Muf

Muf

It could be a mistake. All I know is that right after the match, mat came in #arika and reported the result (which was fresh in his memory), and Corrosive posted a different result in his favour a while later on the forum.

18. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

They played another set after or something like that and I think 15-6 was the score. It could have been an easy mistake.

19. I beat matt_hatter 15-8 twice, and THEN he decides to sign up with the league, and on the third bout I beat him again 15-6.

THAT is what happened. Let him come here and confirm it since im such a filthy rotten win-smuggling sack of sh*t

20. Just fyi DIGITAL, by posting every 5 minutes in his defense you sound like his mom.