Any particular reason TC isn't mentioned on wikipedia?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 28 Apr 2009.

1. I mean in the external links section of the Tetris article, of course. I was surprised to not see it there, and it would surely bring in more members. Is it excluded because of some sort of policy or is it worth it to add it?

I mean, they've got some article about someone being the "world champion tetris player" that's completely laughable, surely there's room for us right?

2. Muf

Muf

We're in the external links for the TGM article, for what it's worth.

3. Aren't we a "gaming site" and hence unreliable ?

4. The guy who officially removed it (months ago) said something about how wikis and forums weren't any good for external links. Although that link used to be our by-far top referrer, rest assured TC is still steadily receiving more and more hits every month.

5. I can't figure out why the world tetris champion link is still on there. Anyone on this site could beat that record in their sleep, and it's already been broken on Twin Galaxies. Maybe a link to the TC records section might be justifiable if they're going to have that ridiculous world record article on there.

6. I'm getting the occasional YouTube message and linking people here. I think that Blockbox/Blokkendoos and TetrisConcept are also reinforcing each other quite nicely.

I think it'd be good if PetitPrince could edit the link to this place pretty high up in his article, seeing as the TC tags on Tetris Friends are pretty noticeable, and it happens to be the first result on Google for 'TC tetris'.

7. They link GameFAQs extremely frequently, which is basically the same. I don't see the issue. It was probably actually removed by a hater of high level play tetris. The sort of person who thinks of it as a quaint and relaxing Russian game.

8. Done [​IMG]

9. Like the Nyet guy?

10. orz

orz

welp just another thread where i stop in to say fuck wikipedia it's a bunch of dumb nerds

11. Don't say that. How would you like it if someone said that TC is a bunch of no-life nerds who take a simple tetromino game too seriously? (Then again, that's what a good fraction of the comments on the TGM3 jin8 video are. (That, or "this is fake!"))

I used to edit some stuff on Wikipedia. Are you saying I'm a "dumb nerd" myself?

12. Muf

Muf

Depends. Have you ever been involved in the circle wanks that go on on Wikipedia's talk pages?

13. lgb

lgb

Pretty standard fare, even though it's a very flawed statement. Don't worry about it.

14. I see a link to tetris concept in the wikipedia article

Twin Galaxies has a lot of incorrect records when it comes to tetris. I was upset that they don't accept tetris party doubles high scores.

15. lgb

lgb

It was inserted after this thread was created.

It seems that Twin Galaxies tends to get a lot of incorrect records about anything, yet no one wants to correct them. "Not worth their time", which is understandable according to their points. It also seems to be the same with MARP, even though the latter is a bit more (for lack of a better word) "updated".

16. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Fixed.

Fuck Twin Galaxies.

17. I would understand if they only accepted records in live competition or something like that but basically they cater to people they like. Too much effort to get a score legitimized and they do not even make an effort to get the correct records. Bunch of old dudes (I have nothing against old people) who weren't ever good at video games so they decided to track other people's scores.