2019 Goal

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Deuceler, 24 Oct 2018.

1. What's up y'all.

I'm picking up NES Tetris as a new project and starting out with a goal of 500k next year. I'll be scouring the resources available, but if anyone has any advice they wanna throw my way I'm always open! I really enjoy the Gameboy version as well, so I'm sure I'll play that too

Last edited: 24 Oct 2018
    Raul1138 and Qlex like this.
  2. Hi, and thanks for joining!

I think NES Tetris is rather tough when you try and optimize it, so I'd say, if this is a new project, try the game and have a feeling for the randomizer, especially since it's very different from all the other main Tetris games.

P.S. : In case people want to post their objectives right here, I think this topic could centralize all goals in spite of being called 2018 year end goals. What do y'all think?

3. One year of practice should be plenty of time to nab the big half million. There are several great 101 classes on Jonas Neubauers Twitch. Also, the book "Tricks of the Classic NES Tetris Masters". Invaluable. Best of the luck, keep us posted!

@Qlex I think thats a spledid idea! I edited the thread title to reflect this.

Qlex likes this.
  4. Thanks dudes. I watched Jonas's vids already and oddly enough was just looking at that book on Amazon. I'll be streaming my progress for the most part and posting updates when I can

Qlex and Raul1138 like this.