Winning strategy in multiplayer Tetris DS [split topic]

Thread in 'Strategy' started by mask, 6 Feb 2008.

1. Muf

Muf

That would be a TAP strategy, because it has zangi and no T-spins. Tetris DS on the other hand...

2. or to be precise any other game that does not reward t-spins.

3. Muf

Muf

sliding under in games that don't have sonic drop is a bit of a bitch though, that's why I mentioned TAP.

4. it's the best strategy nonetheless-- unless you can drop at least 1.5 tetrominoes plus account for line clear delay in the time it takes to soft drop one, in which case you would platform clear the S.

5. You don't necessarily have to slide in. You can just stack it horizontally on the right so that the hole is against the wall and keep going.

6. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

why set up for a t-spin when the stack is there? I would prefer to play safe on the right and set up for quicker and multiple tetris.

Just seems like more effort (all of this depending on whats in the preview) for not much reward..

7. Nine lines of garbage sent instead of just four for the Tetris alone is quite a good reward.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yeah, the T-Spin is an addition to the tetrise(s) not a substitution.

9. thomas, the t-spin double sends 4 for 2 lines, and the tetris sends 4 for 4 lines. so it's definitely worth it for the trouble.

10. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

ouch, i didn't realise that.. fuck me t-spins are broken!

11. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

My strategy is T-spin triples (I can pull them off fast as heck) and then I either go for another or start tetrising.