Updated tetrisfriends.com

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 4 Mar 2009.

1. I'd say SRS without wallkicks is an accurate way to describe what is used in this mode. Also, S/Z don't have wall kicks as far as I can tell. However, you will find you can pop over things if you rotate into the upper horizontal orientation.

This mode is really bad. 1/3G with lock delay? Ugh. Hello, nigh indefinitely survivable.

2. Haha, it really is awful. What's the point of simulating a primitive version of Tetris if you're not going to do it with near-100% fidelity? The dancers and the space shuttle are pretty ugly too. Is this just to make modern guideline-conforming games look better by comparison?

3. Tetris Concept members! This is your mission, should you choose to accept it:
    +If you have not done so already, create an account on http://www.tetrisfriends.com, preferably with the TC_ tag. (eg. TC_Kitaru, TC_Blink, etc.)
    +Put a message advertising Tetris Concept in your status. (e.g. tetrisconcept.com, #tetrisconcept on QuakeNet, etc.)
    +Play Tetris 1989 on Type-A and max the score counter. Start from level 9 to make things go faster in terms of scoring. If all goes well, this should take ~30 minutes to accomplish.

The score counter maxes at 999,999, and ties are bumped down. This means that if we can get 10 people to max the score counter before anyone else, we can take that whole page of the leaderboard. It is painfully clear that they don't care about Tetris, but we can take this opportunity to insert some advertising for people that do.

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

this fake multiplayer idea is getting old. seriously, has there ever been an official multiplayer tetris game for PC released anywhere other than Japan and Korea?

5. Update on the leaderboard thing: I was misinformed. Ties get priority, apparently. However, I think we can still grab the page pretty easily. Please continue to play if you're still interested, but there is less pressure seeing as it isn't a race against time to earn a permanent spot.

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

yeah, looks like a tie bumps the older record down. sorry Tada [​IMG]

7. Haha, change your status message to something advertising TC! :p

8. jujube

jujube Unregistered

status message changed.

you know, they could have made the tiebreaker something substantial, like fewer lines or shorter time. even if you kept playing after 999,999 the game could remember where your stats were when the score was maxed.

9. That would have taken thought and effort.

10. Come on, people! If I can get 5th place with 576800, then you lot are definitely all capable of going all the way...

11. So, we're all hopelessly lost as to how the leaderboard settles tie-breakers now. The 4th person to achieve counter stop is in 4th. We've already exhausted most of the logical causes. :s

12. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i was able to max out the score again today, and i'm a little disappointed that i have the same position in the all-time leaderboard, with stats from my first maxout. i'm disappointed not just because i played better today, but because it looks like you can't bump yourself up the leaderboard if you tie your best (unless by some strange statistic my game today wasn't as good). as more people max the score we'll slip further down the ranks.

good news is a few more TC members have gotten to the top [​IMG]

13. Is the Acorn game just a 150-line marathon? I tried playing one game going for tetrises and one game doing ZT stacking, and my scores seemed like what I would get in the 150-line Marathon on T Party. Is this game basically just there as a sorry excuse of an ad for Ice Age?

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

yeah, seems like it.
    yeah, seems like it.

unless it's a tetrified version of the original Acorn Drop
    [​IMG]

15. Coming soon: Acorn Sprint! [​IMG]

16. jujube

jujube Unregistered

not looking forward to it. the acorn clear delay is gonna be slow, i know already [​IMG]

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

the current Tetris 1989 top 10
    [​IMG]
    we only need 3 more!

18. Great! Now people are gonna realize that this is the forum of the best players [​IMG]

19. Or most masochistic players...