Ultimate Tetris friends Marathon Strategy

Thread in 'Strategy' started by caffeine, 16 Apr 2008.

1. Check out my ultimate marathon strategy!

/Edit Took it off since I have a feeling they'll fix it soon.

2. Wow.. they didn't set a maximum value for points you can gain per piece by soft-dropping?

3. oh my lol

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i have a backup plan in case i don't have 2 days to play one game and don't feel like setting up a script to put the game in auto-pilot.

5. Yeah, I remember getting angry that this exploit was in TDS. Even in the limited line mode you can theoretically max out the score counter. [​IMG]

What other games does this affect?

6. johnberhenry

johnberhenry Unregistered

Lockjaw. (Set drop scoring to either Drop or Soft x1, Hard x2.)

7. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

actually pretty much affects every SRS game that has infinity and soft drop points.

8. not every game. tetris elements took away points while the piece was one the floor, tetris splash/evolution set restrictions on moves and rotations, and ea's mobile game simply doesn't award soft drop points after the piece has touched the ground the first time.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Tetris Zone also limits the number of movements/rotations in marathon mode before a piece locks down. i don't know exactly how many times you can move/rotate but it's nowhere near as many as you did in your video. you could get an extra 10-15 points for each I piece once it's hit the floor, and only a few extra points for other pieces.

10. IIRC, the limit is 15 of each.

11. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

ok so the mobile game has it fixed.

but the other ones don't really have infinity if they limit the resets.

12. yeah the soft drop thing is fixed now, block locks after a short while.