TOJ Tournament

Thread in 'Discussion' started by makalaka, 2 Nov 2008.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i'd say i had a chance in about half the games, if i had kept attacking consistently the whole way. one of the games was pretty long, felt like around 2:00. ggs blink.

2. Blink over ????? 10-1

3. goofer over ai 10-0 ggs

4. Ai

Ai

Just too fast for me I'm afraid, but great games nonetheless. Good luck with your other games! ^^

5. ImSoHoOdz

ImSoHoOdz Unregistered

10-5 over maserati ggs

6. -jay- and I agreed to play tomorrow (Wednesday),
    about 08:30 pm [UTC/GMT +1].

We are both going to use the dummy accounts, so others must NOT login then [​IMG]

EDIT: This information is incorrect now.
    We agreed to play it earlier, I lost : 10-0

7. -jay-

-jay- Unregistered

-jay- over Kevcel 10-0 ggs

8. Jujube wins 10 - 0 over me.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

ggs Kasumi. may have been closer if you'd had more time to play SRS. but oh well, the 1st round is only for seeding i guess.

10. illshill

illshill Unregistered

shillz over kevcel 10-1 ggs

11. Good games, indeed jujube. I wouldn't blame the switch to SRS though. I can switch pretty easily now. I'm actually really proud of how I did.

I can't wait until the second round, but I'm doing a little better than I thought I would even if I haven't won a game yet. [​IMG] This is a lot of fun. Thanks for putting this together kotetsu.

12. illshill

illshill Unregistered

thankssss juju. my bad- i didn't see that till now

13. I want to confirm these results:

Kevcel vs -jay- = 0-10
    Kevcel vs illshill = 1-10

I do NOT want to use this as an excuse, but it must be said:
    I have lag problems etc.

It's weird: sometimes I have no problems at all, sometimes it f*cks me. So at the beginning I was in doubt whether I should participate at this tournament...however:

For example: yesterday I played a few training matches against goofer, and everything went smooth. I could play normally then. So I thought: okay, I'm ready to play some real matches.

On the contrary: today I had lag again...so I misdropped many tetriminoes or I couldn't play at my normal speed. [​IMG]

I want to apologize: my problems causes an unfair tournament; because of the fact that I play so badly now, all my opponents in my group have one easy win now...I'm awfully sorry [​IMG]
    Fortunately, this first round has no elimination; else it would be really false.

14. Craaaap. I totally forgot that TOJ is SRS-only.
    Practice is needed!

15. XeaL vs ---jay--- 1-10

good games. most were like a minute long which is "long" for me

16. To the people in my group, if you could arrange a time with me via PM or just when I'm on IRC then I'd be grateful.
    For the next week I'm going to be busy as hell, but after Dec 6th I'm almost completely free.

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

????? beat me 10-6. very tough games, he's a terrific player.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am glad to constat that people from TC can resist and even fight very well against japan players..
    Actually I begin to think that there is less than 10 God Japan players, ( Kan, jin, zab, 777, SQR, DIS, etc ).. but the rest of them are not invincible..

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

it's good to respect players for their abilities, but you have to have faith in yourself that you can compete with them. if you don't think you have a chance then you're giving yourself a huge disadvantage. i think it's also important to relax a little when you've lost a couple games, and to focus more on making the best placements, then speed up again when you've regained the confidence in your decision making. the strong players have great confidence in what they can do, and you have to be just as confident in your playing style and what you can do.

20. lost 2-10 against TCM-T Not to give bad excuses but it could have been a little bit more close if i diddnt start so cold to this match after i jus woke up =)
    Ok i guess that just was a bad excuse but anyway [​IMG]. Still quite a good player and deserved to win. ggs