Records: [Ti] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Muf, 31 Jul 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It would be easier yeah..If these fucking input was not reversed.. [​IMG]

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Unless you only use two rotation buttons in which case you can just shift your fingers.
    Or even better, if your brain somehow is wired so that the inputs are naturally reversed.

I'm sort of a hybrid of both using only two rotations but my brain naturally reverses the rotations. [​IMG]

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It is the up and down which are horrible..
    I would have break the Torikan 10 times on the c_t's machine otherwise.. [​IMG]

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ah true, on a joystick, I can see how that would be painful. On the keyboard, it's just a mere vertical shift of my finger. [​IMG]

5. I'm only playing a lot of World because the stick on the cabinet currently sucks too much for me to create a Classic-only account. Stupid stiff unwieldy bat sticks!

6. Good thing I didn't stop playing World yet...the sticks felt a bit better today for some reason:

EDIT: Right click and "View Image" to see the full thing. I forgot to resize.

[​IMG]

That is all. I'll try for MV or something before the new Sanwas get here and I play Classic again.

7. Master on a crappy stick. So unfair [​IMG]

I have to wait and see what you can perform on classic. It will be interesting!

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

oh.. [​IMG]

9. Muf

Muf

Oh I am back in business baby! Under the enjoyment of a nice cuppa I've put down this performance:

Play data:

I'll update my sig tomorrow.

10. The Enigmatic Form

The Enigmatic Form Unregistered

Didnt have much time to play in the last few weeks, but improved a little anyway:

Master: 5:16:25, Level 530, Class 1, ST Gold, SK Bronze

Dont have my camera atm, hope it gets accepted anyway.

I break the Torikan very regularly now, the speed overwhelms me, but I play now more solid at any speed, I think I can reach S1 soon.

BTW, of course the speeds of Classic and World are not directly comparable, but in which one are the more faster times possible? Usually I see better records in Classic, but that could be because of the fact that more people play Classic. Im too used to World atm, so Classic somehow feels big and chunky, especially the different lock behaviour is confusing.

As a little bonus, I noted the records of my Ti before I deleted them, perhaps they are of interest for you.
    THEY ARE NOT MY RECORDS!

Total Coin: 3269
    Total Play Time: 282:24:23
    Avery Play Time: 5:19

All records by player "223"

Master Classic Level 999 5:24:51 Mk

Master World Level 999 7:21:50 m7

Shirase Classic Level 1300 5:44:15 (forgot to note the Class)

Shirase World Level 327 2:06:21

11. jujube

jujube Unregistered

this is a good point, and something that isn't mentioned very often when comparing the potential speeds of world and classic. i don't at all want to get into which system i think is faster, but it's true that Japanese players have been playing with sega rotation for up to 20 years, while SRS/world rotation is much newer, and surely the strong TGM players have spent less time playing it.

12. The no-bs answer to this question to this question is that World lets you play much slower if you want to, but both systems can go blazing fast when you're good with them. As for the absolute theoretical fastest, it's really impossible to make that call but I think most players feel Classic has a slight 20G edge and World has a slight 0G edge.

Oh and thanks for sharing those records. Shirase actually has dead simple grading... That 1300 has got to be S13.

13. The Enigmatic Form

I reached S1 today, but with an absolutely horrible time (about 10 minutes), so I wont post it yet. My goal was to survive as long as possible, so I made nearly only one liners as soon as it got really fast, I make many avoidable mistakes at the real high speeds.

Personally I, the Tetris n00b that I am, can actually say that Classic and World feel very different, but I cant describe why. In the wiki is a table for the delay times, would they be different for World? Of course I know that the pieces spawn in a different rotation, and that the lock behaviour is different, pieces should/must be locked manually after a fast drop in Classic, which isnt necessary in World (or it doesnt make such a big difference, Im not sure).

14. The delays are the same for both systems. But the rest of your observations are accurate. Pretty much everthing that can be different is different between the 2 systems:

The initial orientations are different.
    The basic rotations are different.
    The wallkicks are really really different.
    The lock delay reset mechanism is different.
    The fast drop/slow drop behaviours are different.
    Not to mention cosmetic details like the piece colours and textures...

For now I wouldn't worry about it. Stick with what you're comfortable with (World) and maybe move to Classic when you feel like something a little more hardcore.

15. The Enigmatic Form

Ah, I see, thanks. I noticed all of the differences you mentioned at one point or another, but I thought that there must be some more to it. [​IMG]

Actually, I didnt think about switching to Classic - I just want to understand how the game works. Havent been so hooked on a game for a long time, I love it, although it can be very frustrating at times.

Just one more question: is my observation true that I dont need to lock the piece manually after a hard drop?

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yep, with World, that is the case. On this forum, hard drop is considered the "fast" drop that locks. Firm drop (the one in Classic) is the "fast" drop that doesn't lock.

17. The Enigmatic Form

6:47:80, Level 576, Class S1, ST Silver, SK Bronze

But this probably reflects my improvement better:

4:40:51, Level 381, Class 1, ST Silver, SK Bronze

Does anyone of you also play Shirase? I tried it today to practice 20G, and although it is really fun IF something works out, I tend to panic nearly all the time, hehe. [​IMG]
    It is especially hard to consciously stack in a way that pieces dont get stuck during a shift.

18. Muf

Muf

For the record, that is World, not Classic, right?

I play Shirase occasionally, but as I refuse to play World rule (I've only played World Easy mode by accident and World Easy mode one-handed because I'm not good enough to play Classic one-handed), playing it deducts too much decorations from my account, so I either play it logged out or on a separate account that I made specifically to play Shirase. My record so far (not many tries) is 124, which is S1. It's not the lock delay that kills me, but the short ARE that doesn't give me much time to think in between pieces.

19. The Enigmatic Form

Yes, its World.

In Shirase, I survived until Level 145 (0:57:63 Silver ST).
    I also play it only without logging in.

20. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm