The Introduction Thread

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Ai, 30 May 2008.

1. I might start calling him "the user formerly known as jago" :awe:

2. 1. How and why did you start playing Tetris? Can you also please specify how long you have been playing Tetris and if you consider yourself a great player?

I've played off and on in some form since late '04, when my friend popped in tetris worlds one day and played me in vs. I thought I was nice before that, but he just destroyed me and made me wonder how anyone could get that good.

The next year the DS came out and all the people at my job were playing Tetris DS. For some reason I struggled against even the crappiest players there. At around this time I saw some vids of T.A. Death and was just mesmerized.

I started playing TGM and it's clones off and on sometime in late 2006, but was never serious enough to make any headway. March 2008, I decided it was time to buckle down, and make some progress.

I wouldn't say I'm a good player, but I'm very proud of how far I've come in tetris.

2. What Tetris games do you play and how much do you play daily on average?

Pretty much Texmaster, With a splash of Tetris Friends in there every once and a while. I get in about 20 or so games a day.

3. What other games besides Tetris (if any ^^) keep you busy?

I love music games, especially Beatmania IIDX.

4. Any other block/puzzle game you recommend I should look into? Tetris variants are also welcome.

I play puyo puyo from time to time, but without comp I don't really have much fun with it.

3. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Hi toastyohs, welcome back! And nice going with your recent SudTi 412, I'm sure you'll be hitting 500 soon enough.

It seems like quite a lot of people here like Puyo Puyo, perhaps we can arrange some sort of friendly competition? I hear there's a fan-made clone in the making, specifically stripped down and optimised for competitive play; or if people have DS's we could try for something on Puyo 7, I just recently bought a copy of that game myself and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far...

4. 1. How and why did you start playing Tetris? Can you also please specify how long you have been playing Tetris and if you consider yourself a great player?

I don't remember when I started playing Tetris. I am a great player in my circle of people I know, but I haven't played anyone with real skill at it.

I usually play TetrisDS and Tetris Zone atm. I can usually manage about 2 hours a day.

3. What other games besides Tetris keep you busy?

Team Fortress 2 and old SNES games.

4. Any other block/puzzle game you recommend I should look into? Tetris variants are also welcome.

Lumines.

5. Hi.

1. How and why did you start playing Tetris? Can you also please specify how long you have been playing Tetris and if you consider yourself a great player? ^^

I play Tetris since I'm a child. I begin with a windows version, and after play a lot on a mac version. I don't think I'm a good player (when I was young I reach once level 6 on tetris game boy). But these day I do a lot of progress.

I play TGM2, texmaster, quinn (tetris mac) and Tetris DS. I think I play 2-3 hours a day.

Many games.

Maybe Crack attack.

-------------------
    I must say that I was introduced to real tetris by a friend. He play TGM, and one day I try the T.A. Death mode, it was the beginning of a great story. After one week i was able to kick my tetris game boy on an emulator. I learn more thing in one week of 20G than in all my life.

6. Ai

Ai

Welcome! Crack Attack looks worth a try.

How long have you been playing TGM? What are your current personal bests? Don't hesitate to post in the competition forum. ^^

7. Are you Paris Hilton for reals?

8. Well... I've been reading the forums here at tetrisconcept for a long time now... and I figured I'd sign up so I can talk with all of the tetris players here! :D

I've played tetris on my SNES since I was about 4 years old... Here I am 12 years later... Lol. I love puzzle games, so that could be why I caught on to tetris so quickly and became addicted in a moment. For the past 2 years is when I seriously started to spend crazy amounts of time on tetris games, after seeing those videos on YouTube.

I conciser myself a grand master in tetris... :) (even though there are players much better than I). I play texmaster about 5 hours a day (no joke, but I've slowed down recently... I think that's a good thing). So far I'm a GM in TGM, S8 in TAP, M6 in TI (texmaster says MM, but I love making TAS videos), and S10 in TI Shirase mode... man... those monochrome blocks really kill me... Lol. :biggrin:

What other video games do I play... too many to list :rolleyes:

There are no other continuous puzzle games that come to mind while writing this... That's basically it though, tetris never gets old, while the others slowly start to get a little more boring every game.

I hope I get to meet many of the people here on tetrisconcept and I look forward to playing a few games with everyone! ^^

Last edited by a moderator: 5 May 2010
  9. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

You can TAS texmaster?

(I thought I was the only one)

10. Muf

Muf

You're forgetting about Ghett0.

11. Yea, I like texmaster because there's no way around TAS detection :p

12. Ai

Ai

Impressive machoman3499. And welcome! ^^

Do you have TI and are you M in T.A. Death? You need to get that S9 in TAP Master. Looking forward to see you posting your records in the competition section of the forum.

13. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Still trying, but thanks. :)

14. Hah, thanks :)

Yea, TAP is my worst game of the three, I started off playing by TI's standards, so it's hard to work backwards... >.<'

I'm nowhere near a TI arcade, so no, I don't play =\ The best I have is Texmaster... but lately I was thinking about importing one. O_O

15. Sup guys ;D I had an account on here long long ago (JenovaSephiroth) but the old name is pretty dumb, so I updated a bit hehe

1. How and why did you start playing Tetris? Can you also please specify how long you have been playing Tetris and if you consider yourself a great player?

I started with the old GB version around 9 or 10 years ago (when I was 10-11), fast forward until about two years ago, I saw the (in)famous TGM video, fell in love with the series, and it became my Tetris of choice :3

And as for how good I am, I'm pretty much the best on campus over here (nearly everyone else is afraid to touch TGM for some reason) but compared to you guys I'm terrible haha

TDS (when I'm travelling)
    TGM/TAP in MAME (I suck at it, not only is there a key delay for me in MAME but I'm terrible without a hold function, and I'm way too used to Ti's forgiving I-piece)
    Heboris UE (played this nonstop for an entire summer, was both amazing and frustrating)
    Texmaster 2009 (been playing this for an hour a day or so recently in an attempt to gain skills with more official rulesets)

Mostly skill-based stuff, here's a list:
    StepMania/DDR/ITG/PIU/anything that involves arrowed buttons and/or foot panels
    beatmania IIDX
    DJMax
    Trackmania United Forever
    Blazblue (I still suck at it lol)
    Borderlands

Planet Puzzle League (I was a big fan of the entire series, anyone wanna play me over wifi? I've pulled off a 30-chain with exploding lift ;D)

Puyo Puyo (I have Fever for PC and 7 for Wii, there actually is a slimmed down version of PPF meant for online play, and there's even a Puyo clone (no fever) that's designed for competitive online play, both are available at Puyo Nexus or you can just ask me for it)

Lumines (it's just fun lol)

16. So yeah, i was converted over from the TF server (because it sucked) and now im becoming addicted to TGM and TAP.
    1. How and why did you start playing Tetris? Can you also please specify how long you have been playing Tetris and if you consider yourself a great player?
    Lol, i actually started playing tetris again after i was playing some jerks in halo 3 who kept t-bagging me. I wouldn't consider myself a terrible player, just an average not GM player.

TAP, and TGM2+/TGM (depending if one's loading too slow, or if im on a laptop). i play for a while each day (mainly when im supposed to be working)

I think im starting to forgive those people in halo 3, but im still absorbed by the pretty backgrounds in TGM2+, so ill be playing it for a while.

nope because TETRIS IS THE NUMBER UNO!

17. You do realize TGM2+ is the same thing as TAP, right?

18. Don't worry about that TWF. Egg is my buddy from real life. I'm still teaching him the ropes. Hopefully he will grow into a TGM1 Gm class player before the middle of next year...

The Long Island TGM movement is starting. WE WILL BEAT YOU, SEATTLE-ITES :awe:

19. I'd totally go out to Long Island for something TGM-related ;D so count me in

20. actually, meteos wars is pretty cool, but not number uno