TGM4 Announced^W Cancelled^W Revived!!

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 20 Aug 2009.

1. Go back to pages 6 or 7 in this thread. One of the notable features was an Instant DAS button.

2. Graphics.

...Or was that TGM2 vs TGM3?

3. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

TGM4 had.

1) New gimmicks for it's death mode. The haze which doesn't clear until the section ends is the one we knew about.
    2) instant DAS button.
    3) new bravo contest big mode.
    4) mystery other mode that we never saw.
    5) different main mode for SRS users, which uses the 10 lines level system.

and, as a step back

1) move reset for ARS. TO make it challenging, lock delay needs to be very small. hence he NEEDED to put in that turbo button. at least that's how I see it.

4. I'd also consider the loss of the third rotate button to be a step back. Other than that and the move reset, though, everything else looked pretty promising.

5. is there any chance someone will get a beta version of the game and release it ?

6. Zaphod77

Very unlikely.

Of course Sega has been known to put unreleased software on their compilations before, o you never know...

7. I would've preferred replacing Hold (sorry Kevin!) rather than the second CCW rotate. I can imagine how much speed I'd lose by not being able to quickly do 180's.

8. ray i'm sure you're fine at hitting a button quickly over and over, you play shmups

9. Zaphod77

Well, you see, because rotating would reset lock delay, you don't need both ccw rotate buttons. that's the logic, anyway...

10. *while tweaking autofire for Darius Gaiden* Sorry, what was that?

11. K

K

12. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

Fail.

13. #331 success

14. Ai

Ai

15. Zaphod77

Re: The End of Prohibition

I saw a google translated blog post from Mihara on 2011/02/18 that seems to strongly hint that Mihara is going to attempt to bring out a new TGM game on Taito's NESiCAxLive arcade platform, and that he's pleased with the performance of the I/O board.

Of course, we all know how hard it is to machine translate Mihara, so I may be completely misinterpreting it.

16. Ai

Ai

I don't visit Mihara's blog often anymore after it has been blocked over here. Good find Zaphod77. Maybe there's still hope. ^^

17. Zaphod77

The google traslate link is earlier in this thread, and still works. just switch to translated view, click enter, and read.

18. K

K

19. K

K

holy shit TGM4 ?!? yeah it's been .. oh wait..

Muf likes this.