TGM TV emission (France)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 19 Jan 2009.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

the presentator looked really interested it is true..And I think that was really honnest from him !
    few hours bafore the recording, in a restaurant I asked him :
    "Is it not too much boring ? Too be forced to enter so deep and look so concerned by the passion of those many (geek) players ?"

and he replied :

"To be fond of that is my passion, I am very interested to understand WHY some players desire to push a game so deep, what this game has to push players like that.."

before the recording, we discussed a lot with him about TGM, but I agree that he has been very performant to follow us, me and PP, during the comments.

2. It's somewhat amazing to see an actual show pick up and show the TGM series. Unfortunate that it's not a wider audience, though...

Quite an interesting show, though [​IMG] Although I was kind of hoping the host would try his hand at a game.

3. Deniax

Deniax Blockbox developer

4. I watched it and liked it. Good job guys.
    It's basically a movie version of the "Why TGM is good" essay and/or the TGM guide on the wiki.

5. Good job guys.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Taratang ???!!!!

Where have you been all this time ??
    how are you ??

7. Remember that Radigo is a veteran shmup player (he co-wrote a complete Radiant Silvergun guide amongst other). I think we can understand each other between to of the most impressive japanese video game [​IMG] .

8. I was finally introduced and shown some bits and pieces of this video!

Petit_Prince looked so awkward on camera, ahaha. I can tell he was nervous. :p

Amnesia kept touching his face! He did it so much, the host also started touching his face. :D

Very entertaining! Both the performances and explanations! Helped me understand TGM a bit more and its trivia (ARE <--- :awe:).

I also learned some interesting strategy like building the stack in the middle and such but I have a problem. I build my stacks with the "I" hole to the left and not to the right. Is it really such a bad thing?

Admittedly, I have not mesmerised the rotation space for the I (2x2/2x3), but I like to think Tetris is open to all types of gameplay. It will be boring for me if I have to follow a formula...

Last edited: 19 Jul 2010
  9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Sincerely, mfm is a very accurate and solid player and he plays only on the left.
    I may say that you will put on your back some lower probabilities of success, because of the 2x2 versus 2x3 stuff, but even with this problem, mfm still have the unbeatable records of earliest S9 on both TGM and TAP, so his stacking opportunities don't seem to be affected by the fact he shoots on the left.

10. Sweet. Good to know.

I am not too bothered by the lower probability of success. ;)

Thanks, Amnesia.