TGM TV emission (France)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 19 Jan 2009.

1. Agreed. Amnesia to TGM is like my sister to organic foods.

2. Ai

Ai

Honestly I was surprised with Amnesia's performance. I had seen a picture of him before, but his attitude was totally different from what I expected in a good way.

The presentation may not be perfect, but I think it was a pretty good introduction to TGM. Especially considering all the limitations of the show format and the complex subject TGM really is. Those interested can always look online for more details. That's why this community exists in the first place.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am really not the most addicted here..Digital, c_t and KB are good examples of really insanely addicted players..

4. Key word: passionate, not addicted.

5. To quote Amnesia:

"ouf..."

Really I should stop playing, I think...but I feel like I have a duty to the game, to everyone, to show my best potential, especially when I am so close to the Shirase torikan, so close to the World GM.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

I just have to send the high quality emission to muf, and then we should have it soon.

7. A small update that the subtitles are timed, I've edited my original translation, and muf has received the DVD with a high quality recording of the show. So things are still generally moving forward and we're almost there.

8. ... any news ? I don't have time to go to #arika, so i'm asking news here.

9. As far as I know everything is sitting with muf right now. He was in Germany recently, but he's back now and will probably look into this when he gets some time.

10. hova

hova Unregistered

i don't understand this. so someone was on french TV to show off TGM and no one recorded it?

11. m:)

m:) Unregistered

they recorded it but the translation is lost in transition

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hova, it is me who presented TGM on TV show the 26th january, few days later, some people had already translated everything and put 50% of the subbing on the video, then I sent a copy of the show I had recorded on a DVD for a much better quality, so they restarted the work of puting the subtitles, and now, they are struggling about a problem in the high quality version..A problem of interlacing of frame I heard..I don't know what it is, but I am sure that the person who work on it are too perfectionist, and they are making a huge delay for almost nothing.. [​IMG]

13. I agree with Amnesia... Someone wants it very perfect when i personally could just see it in quality compared to a youtube video on the lowest quality, if i just got an subtitle file with the translation with it. ;D

Just release whatever quality you got of the video now, together with the subs. You can still work on a high quality version for archiving, after that...

The date is March 13th, 2009.

14. Relax guys, muf's already settled on a process with compromises. But it still takes a chunk of free time to get it done... Free time is the limiting factor.

15. Muf

Muf

Yep, when I got back from Germany I had a nice pile of real work waiting for me. I haven't even unpacked my Ti yet. I think I'll get it done by the weekend (provided that DeHackEd is around in case I run into trouble with his subtitle file).

16. Ok guys, muf has done the video editing and that looks great. The translation is done too and edited as well. The subtitles are timed, and all that's left is some slight editing of the subtitles to make it more clear who's talking. This just means going through and colouring all the text appropriately. This job has defaulted to me, but I've seen the video so many times I'm kind of sick of working on it. [​IMG] So...

Any volunteers? No knowledge of French is required, as long as you're smart enough to figure out who's talking based on context. If nobody volunteers I'll do it after the Carnival of Death.

17. i volunteer to color the text! but i would need a little instruction as to how that is done first.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

and ? [​IMG]

I am really curious to read the translation of my talks..Please...Come on with this damn video.