Challenge: [TGM][TAP] The mfm005's Challenge

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 7 Jan 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

A new leaderboard is open !

I will introduce a bit an old and great western player who are not very well known because of his discretion : mfm005.

This TGM french player is not deemed for his speed, but he has an incredible ability of stacking..Probably the best of tetrisconcept.
    He is a very strange player for his habit to build on the left, and never uses the sonic drop..

So I decided to check if there is somebody here who could get a faster S9 than mfm..On TGM and TAP.

Code:
    TGM                                   

--1--cyberguile-----lv. 603
    --2--mfm005---------lv. 604
    --3--rednefed-------lv. 686     
    --4--COL------------lv. 710
    --5--Ai-------------lv. 72X         
    --6--Amnesia--------lv. 735           

TAP

--1--cyberguile-----lv. 803
    --2--mfm005---------lv. 815
    --3--rednefed-------lv. 87X
    --4--DeHackEd-------lv. 882
    --5--Amnesia--------lv. 88X
    --6--Rosti LFC------lv. 910

Last edited: 19 Nov 2015
  2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Are there any restrictions? In TGM for example, you can abuse the level stop to stack without raising the level counter. There's no penalty as grade is only based on score.

Also, focusing on combos can really change the style of play. It's not just about stacking perfectly to only score tetrises. Now, you have to stack perfectly to score tetrises in a combo.

3. I don't think it's possible to have any restrictions, because abusing level stop and getting combos occurs every now and then even if you're not intentionally milking the system.

4. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

This is exactly what i've done to achieve this though it doesn't work efficiently in tgm2.

This may only apply for me but when I try to go for combos I tend to have a lower score after all [​IMG] (as I played for score at that time).

I would also like to add the fact that I doesn't (nor can I) play like this anymore and I think Amnesia worship me a little too much as I'm not so great of a TGM player (or maybe we are all great for playing this game at the first place [​IMG] ).

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I profite of the good S9 of Rosti to wake up a bit this challenge..

Come on players !! Come and show your real stacking ability without HOLD and other fucking TI features for handicaped.. [​IMG]

6. COL

COL

These old threads deserve maybe more attention.
    COL-TGM1-S9 at level 710

7. Ai

Ai

Great! Best for me is somewhere around level 850. I'll try post something soon too. ^^

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ai, why did you removed the 2 screenchoot of mfm ?
    This forum is sad with so few image..

9. COL

COL

The last post before mine had been written on april 2009 and the forum "moved" since. So it isn't surprising that some screenshots disappeared.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The mistake I did in my sentence here is more worrying..:oops:

11. Ai

Ai

If what COL says is corrent then the images must not have made the migration to this new forum. I haven't deleted any images last summer when cleaning up the forum, unless the links were dead.

I looked on mfm005's images page COL posted in the TGM Miscellaneous Challenges thread, but the images are no more. If you still have the images feel free to add them Amnesia. Maybe use an easier leaderboard format to make updating easier. I link to screenshots of the best performances in all my record threads if they are available.

^^

12. Ai

Ai

I played a few score attack games and I was able to get S9 somewhere around level 720. When I looked it said level 724, probably level 723. I'll try again some other time and post an exact level. I had less luck with the score attack... Only managed to get around 185000 points.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yesterday I got my first sub-900 S9 on TAP, proof that I really work on the quality of the games now. But I definitely can't get sub 8:30 anymore..:|
    c_t said in the past, that my work on the consistency will one day be 100% returned to me in speed if I work seriously. I hope he is right.

I updated your score Ai, it is hard to know when exactely we break the S9,
    generaly it occurs when it is getting hot so you don't have time to waste in watching your level.

14. TGM level 708

15. TAP: level 875 or thereabouts; I know I've certainly done it before 878-880.

TGM: never really bothered to keep track, since S9 is guaranteed for me...

16. TGM, level 700

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

so, lol, 875 ? 878 or 880 ?

This leaderboard is boring, it is too hard to check the exact level, especially on TAP..

18. [​IMG]

BTW, this was the very first time I didn't met the 500 timer condition lol

[​IMG]

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Tu n'oseras quand même pas toucher mfm...:rolleyes:

20. Ai

Ai

mfm's best could be outdated. Anyway I updated your score in the score attack thread, cyberguile. ^^