TGM Public Western Location Thread

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by Ray Ayanami, 12 Dec 2010.

1. Provided you don't decide to smash 'em up D:

colour_thief and Omio9999 like this.
  2. wag

wag

Round1 in Taunton, MA picked up a TAP some months back. The downsides are it's 4 credits to play (roughly $1.00?), it's only 1p side (so no Vs or Doubles), the stick is 8-way, and the monitor is a widescreen LCD and the game image is rather stretchy.

3. Did you address any of that to them? That sounds horrifically bad.

4. wag

wag

I did not! I know others have talked to staff about the stick being 8-way vs 4-way in the past, though.

5. A Round One also just opened up in Exton, PA. (less than 4 hours ago!)

It's 75 cents for two credits, also 8-way (from what I can tell, I'm not that hip), also no 2P side, TAP. I live super close, but probably won't be going terribly often until I have more disposable income.

Hi Boingloing(?) and Kiba, who I met there. At least two of us told staff there we need 4-way, which is a fair amount considering they just opened.

USA

Pennsylvania

ROUND1
    - Versions: TAP
    - Address: 172 Exton Square Pkwy, Exton, PA 19341
    - Cost: 0.75 USD (for 2 Credits, cannot get just one)
    - Cabinet type: Candy
    - Controls: ???

Last edited: 10 Dec 2016
  6. Hello from western PA!

While I'm happy to hear that there's another public copy in our state, Round One has managed to consistently disappoint us (I think they have 3 locations with TAP now?)
    Glossing over the LCD, widescreen, and 1 player mode, things that are harder to fix, the 8-way stick thing is just unacceptable. People at every one of their locations have requested the change and as far as I know, not a single location has fixed it. We should probably mass tweet at them and threaten to give them 1-star ratings if they don't listen, because it actually is shitty customer service. What's the point of having TGM if a good player can't properly play it?

7. I have no idea when they changed it, but the stick seems to be 4-way now. HAPPY NEW YEAR and all that too.

8. wag

wag

If you meant R1 Exton, it isn't. It's as 8 way as ever, sadly.

9. the TAP at round1 in grapevine, tx originally had the sticks at 8-way, but fixed them to 4-way in the first week it was open after i asked them to (we were lucky enough to have a tech that gave a shit about the players). unfortunately he's gone now and i'm sure if we asked them to do anything now (like reset the board, all the records are OL GMs and there's no one here than can come close), they wouldn't do it

still sucks about the lcd/widescreen though. oh well, still managed to get an s9 on it

10. wag

wag

TAP at r1 in exton is still 8-way, but now instead of 3 credits for 2 games, it's 3 credits for 1 game, so now it's twice as not worth playing.