TGM fightstick setup question

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Goretham, 12 Nov 2015.

1. Hello all, just got my new TGM setup and am very pumped as I have been playing on a bad keyboard so far. My stick is a Madcatz street fighter stick for the PS3. Unfortunately, it is an 8-way. I play on my computer, so I think my options are to either

a.) find and install a 4-way plate for the stick
    or
    b.)find some keymapper software that allows me to turn the stick diagonally and use the natural corners of the square as UDLR. \

thoughts? any help greatly appreciated.

2. Is the restrictor a square or an octagon?

3. Square, and hi i've seen you on twitch!

4. Open the stick case, and take out the joystick. Take the restrictor off and there should be two tabs on the restrictor. Apply pressure to the opposite side (push up) and rotate the tabs clockwise. The restrictor will turn to a diamond shape, thus creating a 4-way restrictor.
    This is of course assuming it's a JLF, other joysticks might have different stock restrictors.
    If my instructions are bad then here's a video:

Also, hi! You were in chat when I got the Shirase S2, if I recall.

5. thanks so much, trying it right now but this restrictor is really difficult to pop off, i have to like hold 4 levers in 4 dif directions and pull!

6. unfortunately this restrictor plate doesn't have an inner ring, and even if it did i can't get the thing off the joystick!

7. In that case you'll want to replace the stock joystick with a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT. The JLF is THE stick to use for TGM, and the 8YT is the most popular/best.

8. dude you are for real

JBroms likes this.