TETRISCONCEPT : Great Tournament !

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 3 Aug 2008.

1. I'm not missing Amnesia and i already have an account [​IMG]

2. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

Hmm tepples I actually think I might get one. But not yet as I have exams and I'm going to Germany next weekend. So actually sorta ignore my last post I just kinda rushed to post here cause I haven't in ages. I don't think I have the time for this actually sorry.... maybe another time.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Don't worry caffeine, it is only a question of opportunity to get internet..That will be a serious problem for a while..
    Tuesday evening (french 9pm), I tried to connect on the game but I had a server error message (from the website of deniax..)
    We will find an occasion soon..
    I am more worrying for the whole groups, no score has been posted yet..I have the impression that people don't care about this contest..

I think you don't know me very well caffeine and Rosti if you think that I will give up, after 2 years..I am practicing my 0G actually, with a serious objectif to resist the best I can..My objectif is not to win of course but to fight anyway !!

And trust me, if you make ONE missdrop, I kill you caffeine..You know that even if I can't beat you on this OG contest, I am not an amator at Tetris. Don't take the game as you would fight with a beginner of Tetris.
    I can also add that when you beaten me 21 - 0 on 20G :

1 : my setting was not optimal
    2 : I was only begining my high speed training..(>2,2 TPS)

I have no pressure and nothing to lose, my objectif is the contest 2, but take still care of you.. [​IMG]

SHOULD I REMIND YOU THAT I AM THE SECOND BEST TAP MASTER PLAYER !!!!!!???? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. I am about to play Ai right now.

5. Alright...things changed. I played Baxter right now, and Blink, Ai, and Jan were watching. I won with a final result of 15-11. The match was totally insane. Good game!

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Thanks you kb ! and congratz for your victory !
    but watch out, you can still be not qualified, with a so little point difference, if everybody in your group win 1 match, you could still finish 3rd !
    but honestly, you are 95% qualified in my opinion.. [​IMG]

I will update the table when I will have 3 or 4 scores..

and remove mine because I have no intention to lose 0 - 15 actually.. [​IMG]

7. Ai

Ai

Congrats Kevin Birrell! And sorry for the last minute change. I'll be playing you tomorrow or Saturday.

And don't listen to Amnesia. Just take it easy in your next game! ^^

8. I do know you well. I know that you won't give up, instead you'll get frustrated and then say you're going to give up, but then not actually do so. [​IMG]

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The worst : I still don't know if I will fight with my stick or a keyboard.. [​IMG]
    I can practice only few minutes per days, I have still not this fucking internet..My conditions are worst than our last battle caffeine..
    Please be patient if you want to have a little bit better match ..

I don't want to complain or find a story to justify my weekness, but I am really in a bad position currently.
    The only one thing I do every evening is practicing Hebo 20G with DRS..And sometimes during the lunch when everybody in my enterprise is eating, I connect on the blocbox to practice a bit..

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Let me apologize baxter for having stoped our friendly battle..I was in a tight situation as usually, waiting that my girlfriend come back from the bathroom..
    It is like that everytime now, I can not be concentrated on the game more than 10 minutes..I prefer give up now because it is boring..I can not support it any more..I just hope to have internet for the contest 2..That is all..
    You certainly noticed how I suck on a keyboard baxter, anyway...useless.. [​IMG]

11. a 1st round report -

me over kitaru 15-0, good luck in your next round alex!

12. colour_thief 15 - 1 Zaphod

Also Jan kicked my ass but I was getting hella lag (less than 15 fps average) while playing him. I just realised I can use my gf's PC. Jan, if you want your win you can have it, but if you want a rematch we can do that too. [​IMG]

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Digital won our match 15-3. could've been better, could've been worse. they were good games.

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

For jujube especially because he ran into some lag problems but still insisted on playing. They were still good games regardless but the outcome might have been better for jujube if not for the road bumps.

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

nah, it was really ok for the most part. i think there were only 2 games i asked to be thrown out because of lag. i think we had 8 games that were fine (result: 6-2), then a bad lag game, and a game you won with no issues for me, and another lag game. then Deniax had me restart and disabled my sound, and i never noticed any lag after that. after the restart, you were up 7-2, then won 8 of the last 9. you were actually winning more consistently when i had absolutely no issues.

since the match i've updated my java, but haven't really tried it out yet. but even if i have the same minor issues against G-Fish, i'll be satisfied with the outcome of that match too. the moment i noticed even the smallest amount of lag i gave up on the game and asked that it be thrown out, and that only happened twice in 20 games.

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Though the on and off nature might have thrown your concentration off. And plus, you had to play without sound for the second half and that might have needed some time for adjustment. I played without sound earlier with deniax and others and it felt a bit weird at first until I got used to it. Anyhow, if you want to redo the match, I'm more than willing so don't hesitate.

17. Jan

Jan

It would be pathetic if I took that win. When is your gfs PC available?

The match with zaphod was 15 - 0 for me. At the time Deniax recorded we didn't count.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Thank you every body !
    I was worried about this contest because of the absence of matches these last days..But you simply waited for the week end. [​IMG]
    Let me remind you that it could be better to report scores on the other thread, where I will update the table.
    For now, I'm considering every scores you've put except the match between c_t and jan.
    Jujube, if you definitely agree for your score against digital, I'm gonna add it. Don't forget the points difference, a 6 - 15 would still be better than a 3 - 15..
    anyway, my judgement was wrong, I would have bet a victory for jujube against digital, this guy is really a monster..

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

actually i think the score in my match with DIGITAL was accurate. if we had played with T-spins, combos, 30-50% garbage change, and garbage countering, i would've expected it to be much closer. but with the settings we're using in the tournament, i think speed plays a much bigger role, and i'm not surprised that i was only able to win 3 games. that's fine, because it's something different from the types of multiplayer tetris we usually play. but if we were playing TOJ...i think only blink could beat me 15-3 [​IMG]

as far as the sound being off, i don't think it mattered at all. we had 0 line clear delay and 0 ARE, so i didn't need to hear a lockdown or line clear effect, because i knew as soon as i hard dropped or locked the active piece i could begin controlling the next. and with garbage countering off, i didn't need to hear when garbage was coming. in TDS and TOJ i would definitely want sound on, but i don't think it really helps in this tournament.

20. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

blockbox working as of 15 minutes ago.

Sorry. I originally signed up for nethebo. I do not approve of the rules changing from under me.