Tetris DS Tourney (SECOND ROUND)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 8 Jan 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]
    I learn everyday....

A non Death Master player who can destroy a Death Master...

My poor colour_thief...

[​IMG]

Now I must find a DS to try against DIGITAL...

Playing or not playing on TGM before, in my opinion it's not the principal reason..

DIGITAL must have a good fighting spirit...

The rage is more important than skill to win in a fight at tetris...

Sometimes in my life I took big lesson by players less skilled than me..

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Hey, it's not like I'm the only one playing TDS. Well, I have been practicing a little, but most of the practice is against you guys. If you guys don't shape up, I'm not going to improve. [​IMG]

Yes, it looks like you have gotten better since the first time we played Mazinger. I was watching you the last time and I saw a lot of t-spin setups. We were throwing quite a bit of garbage at each other. Perhaps we should raise the handicap up a notch the next time so we can slow it down and play with more technique, putting less dependence on speed.

Thanks CT, but I really think I could have played better though. Perhaps we both have a little trouble with SRS 20g or gamepad 20g. If you hadn't noticed, I was a bit inconsistent in a few games with regards to sending garbage due to minor misdrops.

Are you saying I'm not skilled!!! Just kidding. [​IMG]

I think you need both rage and skill to win at tetris though. Determination alone isn't going to cut it.

Like I said, CT just wasn't SRS ready and he was playing in an alien environment. Perhaps we might have played more competitively in ARS.

And whenever you get your DS, I'll be ready. [​IMG]

3. It's a Tourney for TDS. Speed is half of playing. The only reason I set handicaps at 2 minimum is to keep the garbage random enough to not be stupid.

Still, it's stated on the first page, that as long as it's above 2, handicaps can be what you want them to and agree on.

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I think handicap 3 is a nicer breakpoint but that may be just me. The garbage is a bit messy on handicap 4 but it's manageable with speed. Handicap 5 garbage is a bit ridiculous though and your main task is to just finish off your opponent as quickly as possible.

5. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

Handicap changes garbage? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then what level is worldwide set to (comparatively). Or does it change each match to give the lower ranked player a chance?

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Worldwide can be quite random when it comes to garbage. I think the handicap changes spontaneously in a match. One can have very messy, level 5 type garbage at the beginning of a round but then have very clean level 1 type garbage soon after.

7. About 2~3 by my reckoning.

8. Added:

Mazinger bt Tai 8-0 (Subject to finishing the matches)

Seriously tempted to take the standings as they are now, unless anyone (presumably those going out) object in the next few days.

9. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

Fine by me. This tournament is going well, except for my group, and I just don't have the time anymore, and timezone differences make it hard.

10. MAZINGER Z

MAZINGER Z Unregistered

I've played Triple Lei and beat him 10-6

11. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

fine by cosmo!

12. Blah

Blah Unregistered

hey now!

I've been on blockstats a LOT more lately...still waiting for matchup...maybe this TIME your DS will be able to connect [​IMG]

13. OK. First round tables have been taken as final.

Second Round matches are now up.

caffeine, Tai, Blah, if you have issues, then post them here and/or speak to me.

14. lethargy (and jujube) have knocked me out of this tournament. good luck to everyone left!

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

ah, sure i guess [​IMG] man i was really looking forward to caffeine vs tetrisdude. oh well though, nice to be in the second round [​IMG]

16. If the game is really desired to happen, caffeine vs Tetrisdude is fine.

Thing is, the best that can happen for nick in that group is a 3-way tie.

17. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

ok, next time i see caffeine on aim ill let him know we have to play....... [​IMG][​IMG]

18. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

cosmonaut beat jujube 10-3 and 10-4

19. Ok, added.

I won the first round of matches against Mazinger Z 10-5.

20. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

geez, get it right rosti. cosmo beat jujube