Records: [TAP] Doubles

Thread in 'Competition' started by Pineapple, 5 Oct 2006.

1. gila

gila Unregistered

completed doubles with my friend mojo today... time sucks though! there were games with better time, but we died at the very end, so close.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Well done! As I'm sure you noticed, it's quite a feat to beat it with anybody in any time.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

HEY IT'S ME !! With 2 xbox gamester stick..

I promise colour_thief I have did not cheat for this one..But Since I am sure you can finish it!

4. That's very impressive! You beat my record... But I have not tried since 1 year. I will try again one of these days. [​IMG]

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

And you will easily beat me..I think I am unable to reach 270-270 actually..

6. It was really impressive to see Amnesia play with the 2 joysticks!!

7. gila

gila Unregistered

just a quick question - is there some (minor maybe) line clear delay in doubles? i.e. is it faster to do tetrises or just do alot of singles, etc?

8. I don't think there is. Certainly not enough to make a real difference to your time.

9. gila

gila Unregistered

any particular tips to improve time in doubles then?

10. You both need to stack as fast as you can, but also try and maintain similar levels. This can be done by having the faster player do most of the stacking, and leave the tetris-clearing to the slower player.

I'd still say Tetrises are faster than singles, simply because if a line is cleared while you're placing a piece it can throw you off, as the lock delay will be reset as the stack falls away from the piece.

Basically though, fast, mistake free stacking is key. Keep to your own side of the screen unless it's necessary. Not only is it easier when you keep out of each other's way, but DAS-ing across is difficult to do with finesse and precision unless you're moving against the far wall.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

And the most important, I discussed with colour_thief during our session, you must keep a permanent observation and analyse of the game of your partner..Both players must do it..

[​IMG]
    I found it today, I was sure this video was not available on youtube..

It is not so bad, but I am sure next time c_t and I will get a sub-4.. [​IMG]

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iQcqa9F_Bso

12. Not so easy for myself and Digital to do on our laggy Kaillera server with no way of communicating. We basically have to rely on telepathy for what the other played wants to do.

13. Actually, words are almost never spoken in real life either. You learn to read each other's minds, completing each other's thoughts.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the biggest, most important thing to do is learning to stick to your side. If you really must place pieces on the other side of the screen, pay attention and time it carefully so that you are out of your partner's way. Preferably, you should zoom in there while he's locking a piece. The key to a fast time, however, is stacking well enough to never leave your side.

14. gila

gila Unregistered

i had a lot of doubles mode matches lately but with different player - hlam - who is also russian, my neighbor and a long time friend of mine. at first we couldn't top my clear time with mojo (listed on the leaderboard, 6:25) but we improved alot it seems, as we did cleared it almost a minute faster (also pushing GIL&MOJ scores out of the ingame hiscore list):

[​IMG]
    (forgot to take in-game screenshot)

now the goal is do it less than in 5 minutes!

15. Rosti LFC - LordPie

[​IMG]

Time is pretty poor, but we were mostly aiming for the finish. We can work on bringing the time down later.

16. gila

gila Unregistered

finally, a whole minute improvement. gila & hlam, 300/300, 4:32:10

[​IMG]

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

and into 2nd place [​IMG]

18. Nice work! Keep at it, maybe Amnesia and I will have something to shoot for when he comes to Canada later this year.

19. Digital, we've got to get back into this. [​IMG]

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Somethink like 3:50 ?? [​IMG]

I am sure we can do it ..