Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    Holy shit. A 70 level pb!

2. 724 @ 4:47:06
    One step closer to GM
    (Panicked so hard when I reached 700 lol)

3. meh
    upload_2017-1-19_16-37-4.png

4. [​IMG]

GM @ 05:44.08

Couldn't beat Kevin today, nor the past three weeks :(

I choked away some really great runs in the meantime; Got a 990 @ 05:31 a week and a half ago, and another time some TGM spirit possessed me or something because I also got a torikan break @ 02:40.

I should look into getting a recording setup some time soon. Or use some @Sumez tech and just point a webcam at the screen, heh.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2017
    Kitaru, Qlex, clincher and 2 others like this.
  5. FeV

FeV

death-gm-5.44.73.png death-taptracker-5.44.png

Wow. I was just about to give up on this for a while. Decided to play this morning on a whim and this came out of nowhere. Very satisfying run, manlocked in all sections, although I did slow down some in the last two because I was shaking so much...

Gm @ 5:44:73.
    Fumen

Kitaru, Qlex, iKantu and 8 others like this.
  6. Uhhh so people are just getting super close to sub 5:40! I'm extremely glad we're getting another wave of new records from the top of the list :)
    Hmmm, now who'll get 5:3xx I wonder... I'll give something special to whoever gets it first!

EnchantressOfNumbers and FeV like this.
  7. FeV

FeV

Oh god, I don't know if I can put myself under this strain again right away D: Maybe I'll leave this one to Kevin or MHL, as death has been slowly killing me ;)

Qlex and Xaphiosis like this.
  8. Ah it's alright, I see some other guy named tc_fev on Twitch is active! And he seems pretty close too!
    Just so that I don't overhype this, I am not going to reward anyone with commentary, commentary should be for literally anyone. It's a silly little thing I'll stream and give to whoever gets sub 5:40 ;)

FeV likes this.

9. 776 @ 5:03:80
    This is getting real

Qlex and FeV like this.

10. GM @ 05:37.43

I had really nice games yesterday that just didn't come together. Turns out that sleep = MVP and I got this in the first ~5 games of the session. I was level stopped for maybe 2-3 seconds at 998 and panicked hard. The game luckily didn't end there though!

11. A winner is you! I'll try and give you a DM tonight about what you will get :) That's going to be a challenging one though.
    No spoilers!

d4nin3u and FeV like this.
  12. I can't believe the Death games people are churning out now!

Meanwhile I'm still trying desperately to reach level 400 :(

GyRo, Qlex and FeV like this.
  13. Raised my PB by a mere 18 levels today. Not a lot, but it broke an important number for me.

412.jpg

One and a half year after first reaching level 300+, I finally got into the 400s. I gotta have the slowest improvement rate of anyone on this forum.

gontrollez, FeV, Qlex and 4 others like this.
  14. I'm mainly posting this because it's pretty funny. I PB'd but didn't break the torikan. Note my previous PB was 3:26:88, so there wasn't much to improve on.

[​IMG]

15. Finally got the toikan! It took one day shy of 4 months from first getting 500.

[​IMG]

JBroms, MaryHadALittle, Qlex and 3 others like this.
  16. FeV

FeV

Nicely done, @xyrnq ! Finally you are a Death Master. Keep up the good plays, hope to see you pursue it all the way to Grand Master!

JBroms, xyrnq and FreakyByte like this.
  17. Thanks @FeV! I'll definitely be trying to get the GM! No point stopping halfway :)

JBroms likes this.
  18. So after almost ten years I finally hit death 500 lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Mar 2017
    gontrollez, FreakyByte, Qlex and 2 others like this.
  19. A video of the new PB. 511@3:25:80

FeV likes this.
  20. x-posting from the carnival thread: