Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. K

K

i think that i'll orient to a dedicated hardware -> DVD recorder...

cause i know by experience that TV-in card for PC are often unefficiant, and directly dependant to your hardware for video recording (when the bundled app is not totally shity)...

and for easy use, i think that DVD recorder (with hard disk) is the best option.

2. careful. a friend on xbox live told me he had a dvd recorder. he said when he'd record, it'd delay his input to the game. i don't know how that would work on jamma, though.

3. K

K

hmmm,

commonly the signal is sent before on the DVD recorder and after sent back to the TV... so the DVD recorder "create" a lag ?

then a "T" connection should set the problem :

- 1 to the recorder.

- 1 for the TV.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Yes.

You'll just want to set up all your options for recording ahead of time so that all you'll have to do is hit record before you set it up that way, since you're not getting to see the DVD-Recorder output, so feedback on knowing if it's working or not may be tricky.

5. mat

mat

congrats, jago! now i don't feel so lonely [​IMG].

recording yourself, aye? i'm fighting off the urge to do that until i can make Gm--otherwise the arika vids are more impressive.

6. I've got a DVD recorder, and it does create lag when I route a game system through it to the TV. It's also quite inconvenient to get things from a recorded DVD onto a computer for me. The re-writable format that mine uses, DVD-RAM, is incompatible with every computer I've tried it on, and the only other format the recorder supports is DVD-R.

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Then use DVD-R.

8. Those are expensive, though. It's rarely worth it to me, and the user interface that the device leaves the final disk with is rather obtuse.

9. Most DVD recorders have a Hard Drive. Well, mine does anyway. You could just record it onto that.

10. Mine doesn't. I really wish I had gotten one with a HDD, but it's a bit too late for that.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I congratulate matt and jago again...

Ok colour_thief...I'LL BE THE THIRD WESTERN "M", I'll make all effort to do it..

12. If you beat me to it I just might quit Tetris.

</joke> but seriously you won't beat me! [​IMG]

...I hope. [​IMG]

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I hope you don't forget me colour_thief..I'll spend 4 month in canada in 2008 and you will see I'll certainly not forget you.. [​IMG]

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Would devil be the closest equivalent in Heboris?

15. Devil Mode ~> Death Mode, yes.

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

In that case, I managed to reach level 763 in Devil albeit using SRS in the latest version (C7T7.6).

17. What was your time?

18. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I topped out at 04:59:14.

19. devil+TDS SRS=loads of fun

20. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I agree. It's extremely fun with no delay in frames from one piece to the next using TDS SRS.

At the moment, I just reached 838 using SRS X and the delay is so small that I kept misdropping several pieces at once.