Secret grade on sega tetris ?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cyberguile, 9 Jul 2015.

1. We all know the story behind the secret grade in TGM
    I've been playing a couple of hours, every now and then, on sega tetris lately and considering the extremely harsh randomizer and gameplay I simply cannot understand how it is possible to do this (even for, let's say, half the road)
    Is there any video available of players achieving this ? Would love to watch them.

2. I might be misremembering, but I think the PS2 Sega Tetris Collection included a demonstration replay.

3. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

It did have a replay. but it used a 9 line shape instead of the 19 line one. I don't know if the 9 line shape is the original challenge or not.

It also has a 999 line replay, a power on pattern bravo abuse replay, and a normal point only maxout that shows a glitch.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2015
  4. Muf

Muf

Bearing in mind that the original Sega Tetris doesn't have a raised ceiling or wallkicks, I'm pretty sure the 19 line pattern is impossible to pull off given you can't rotate pieces that high up the stack.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I wouldn't go so far as to say impossible, but it's not very practical without mapping out the piece sequence first. it's possible to slide a Z over if the stack is high enough to cap it off, in theory.

so the smaller pattern could very well be the original challenge