NullpoMino

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Caithness, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Slick and SDL don't seem to run on my computer.
    Swing does, but poorly. Java 1.6 on Vista 64 bit, what gives?

Here's the error that gets dumped into the logfile:

Code:
    10-03-16 18:57:54,953 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: NullpoMinoSDL Start
    10-03-16 18:57:54,955 [main] DEBUG org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: Language file not found, try to use default language
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: config\lang\sdl_US.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)
    	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL.main(NullpoMinoSDL.java:168)
    10-03-16 18:57:55,012 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: Now initializing SDL...

2. try doing this in a command prompt.

mklink %SystemRoot%\System32\java.exe %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\java.exe
    mklink %SystemRoot%\System32\javaw.exe %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\javaw.exe
    mklink %SystemRoot%\System32\javaws.exe %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\javaws.exe

should make slick and sdl work

3. It's not hard to make changes to NullpoMino. However, I haven't attempted tinkering with the UI a whole lot, so I'm not sure how hard that is to do. Hacking stuff into the engine takes some time as well...

4. Okay. Now I'm getting this (Slick):
    Code:
    10-03-16 21:04:40,551 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick: NullpoMinoSlick Start
    10-03-16 21:04:40,617 [main] ERROR org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick: Game initialize failed
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Games\Tetris\NullpoMino6_4\lib\lwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    	at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
    	at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
    	at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
    	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)
    	at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer$1.run(AppGameContainer.java:39)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.<clinit>(AppGameContainer.java:36)
    	at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick.main(NullpoMinoSlick.java:153)

Or this (SDL):
    Code:
    10-03-16 21:06:41,599 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: NullpoMinoSDL Start
    10-03-16 21:06:41,602 [main] DEBUG org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: Language file not found, try to use default language
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: config\lang\sdl_US.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)
    	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    	at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL.main(NullpoMinoSDL.java:168)
    10-03-16 21:06:41,660 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.sdl.NullpoMinoSDL: Now initializing SDL...

This is the latest version of nullpomino.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

TI's levelling system gives 1 bonus level for a triple and 2 for a tetris. So to avoid regrets you must continue to tetris as well as play fast. Every tetris scored is 2 less pieces you need to place to complete the level, and that shaves off a second or two depending on how late in the game you are. If you are fighting for survival, you WILL get a regret and a regret is ALWAYS -1 final grade. A cool without a regret in the same section is +1 final grade.

Ideally your stack should be low at the time you reach X71, and high enough to tetris other times.

6. Excel-2010

Excel-2010 Unregistered

I've never played TGM3 before, but in Grade Mania 3, I have the Exam turned on when I play. After a few rounds with the Standard rule, I'm forced to take the MM exam. (I was never prompted to take one before at any level.) Research tells me that this is the second-highest possible rank, while I've only managed S5 at best. Is this normal?

7. Muf

Muf

Sounds like a bug similar to one that used to be in Heboris C7.

8. Definitely a bug, at least compared to TGM3.

9. The MM exam bug is well known and has been pointed out multiple times by Ray. However, every time I fix it, it gets reverted in the next release of NullpoMino.

Stay tuned for a new Unofficial Expansion which will fix this silliness (for the third time now, I believe)...

10. Jan

Jan

I really love this game so far. I personally would like to have an option for Instant Sideways Speed like in Lockjaw in the rule-editor.

11. Honestly, I never gave this clone a chance. I tried it once maybe a year ago (5.x something version) and first impression wasn't good so I never played it again. I don't know if it was a buggy version I had back then or a broken java installation. But when I tried it the Swing executable was the only one even starting. And it didn't look good. It had that default swing look and feel and I believe a menubar with that.

But now it looks better, more like a "real" game window and it's easy to choose game mode with preset rules. I like it.

I've played it a bit tonight (Grade Master 3) and I like it a lot. But I wonder how accurate it is compared to the other clones out there (Heboris, Texmaster, Blockbox) and to the real deal. Anyone knows?
    I don't see many topics covering any modes from Null. Total of two topics is what I could find. And none were regular Master / Death modes from TGM-series. How come? Not accurate enough to be considered worth it or simply lack of players?

So, is the current UE compatible with Null 6.4? It says it's for 6.2. Or should I wait for this new UE / get Null 6.2 in the meantime?

Last edited: 20 Mar 2010
  12. I can play this with a keyboard, but i still have problems with getting my stick to work. It works fine with other games, but wont be recognized at all by Nullpomino. I'm using windows XP/a HRAP3, trying to change settings in the options menu is not possible. Any ideas?

13. If it won't work at all you can try out xpadder and map keyboard keys to your gamepad or stick.

14. That works for me. Thanks, that was quick :)

15. You need to set which stick is used by which player in General first.

16. m:)

m:)

thats right! that one threw me for a minute at first. I have better results using the joystick as a joystick as opposed to using keymapping software.

17. Ok, NOW it works. But i also had to start the sdl.bat, it still would not work with slick.bat (i tried that first), that one wont let me assign any buttons/etc in the setup. Thanks for helping me with this.

18. Music playback in 6.4's SDL mode seems to be bugged. The current BGM only plays once and doesn't loop.

19. I've been using version 6.4 to try and make an AI player, but currently, it's refusing to use IRS and IHS - the game seems to be ignoring all input in ARE. But if I disable the AI and play myself, IRS, IHS, and loading DAS all work in ARE; it only fails for the AI. Debug logs say the AI is indeed trying to send input in ARE, but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Edit: Never mind. Seems the engine clears all input from the previous frame before it calls setControl, so I have to set the ARE input on every frame of ARE inside setControl. It's an ugly kludge, but at least it works now.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2010
  20. Poochy, you're writing an AI? That's crazy! How's it play? Is it supposed to work in 20G?

When you're finished with it, I can include it in the UE if you'd like... From there, it will probably be incorporated into the main source in version 6.5 or something like that.