Records: Nintendo Game Boy TETRIS PLUS

Thread in 'Competition' started by Josh_Thompson, 3 Apr 2009.

1. Josh_Thompson

Josh_Thompson Unregistered

What are the highest scores on the old Nintendo Game Boy for the Tetris Plus game?

Mine is 902,678

487 Lines
    Level 62

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Sep 2009
  2. I took a quick shot at things just now. I got 952,236 with 491 lines, ending at level 61. 999,999 shouldn't be too hard, but I sort of slipped up near the end there. That run also wasn't really optimized for score per line either, since I was mostly getting lesser clears. It's kind of odd going back to memoryless, haha.

3. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I really would like to claim that I did this on my first try, but I have to be honest: it actually took me about 4 or 5 attempts. Although, in my defense, for the first game I had the controls reversed so only managed about 250,000; and the next couple of games I suicided after about 10 lines for various reasons, so they don't really count. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The tetris brings the score to 999,999.

Anyways, enough excuses, I've got the game on pause right now, so I'm going to see how many lines I can get before topping out. Oh, and Josh, welcome to the forums, and thanks for bringing this game to my attention, it's a lot more awesome than I expected!

4. Hah, Kitaru your avatar is totally still topical. [​IMG]

5. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

So I maxed everything out, but I think I took the snapshot too early, and this is the only one I've got at the end of the game:

[​IMG]

I'll play through the game again some time, so that I can have a snapshot with the lines counter actually reading 999.

6. I got this in the mail today! I maxed it at Level 72 with 419 lines. I'll be working on Puzzle now. [​IMG]

7. used to play this one everytime I took the plane, train or boat with my gba.
    don't remember if there's a score ladder, but I know I've reached 999 999 points many time and at least 999 lines once.
    I'll check

8. Ai

Ai

I maxed out the score at level 60 (starting from level 4) after about 420 lines (I think I needed 424). I continued playing for a little longer and managed to reach level 69 clearing 497 lines. I may play some more and try to max out the score again with less line clears. Level and lines max out will be for later I'm afraid. I haven't played puzzle mode yet, but I think I'll give a try soon. It would be nice if someone could share their current record. ^^

9. I haven't cleared puzzle mode yet. I'm on stage 12. I honestly find it pretty frustrating, because sometimes you need a piece and just don't get it.

Anyway, this is also relevant to this thread:
    [​IMG]

10. Ai

Ai

The best I could do so far is a little more than 250k (level 19) taking the Angkor Wat route. This world location seems to have an easier set of stages. It's indeed frustrating and clearing all worlds to unlock Atlantis won't be happening any time soon without investing a serious amount of time. ^^

11. Ai

Ai

Improved my efficiency with a max out where I cleared exactly 380 lines (S 87; D 41; Tr 21; Te 37 ) for my second completion. I started at level 20 and finished with level 69. I also managed to max out level and lines a few games later.

In puzzle mode I reached level 20 with about 270k using the Angkor Wat route (without continues). Just like the arcade version the score isn't reset after failing to clear a puzzle. Instead the score is increased with 1 point. ^^