Records: [NES NTSC] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 24 Feb 2012.

1. man i kinda miss those days actually! now that all i play is 19 i am used to getting my ass kicked, but it felt nice to kick 18s ass back in the day. keep em coming man! you're so close!

2. Thanks David, I appreciate your confidence. It took me several months to break out of the 700s, so I dont know how quickly further progress will come.

3. Hehe, please post more 19 videos so I can watch them and get better ASAP!

4. Uhh... am I posting this picture to the right thread?

I dug up this photo from 2007 and thought I'd share. I know it's old, but it represents my absolute proudest Tetris moment: the first and ONLY time I ever reached Level 28. Since I started on Level 9, the score isn't too impressive (and it's not the highest score I've ever had, although I don't have proof of anything higher), but I definitely felt like making it to Level 28 was one of my most noteworthy achievements. I somehow managed to stay alive by clearing singles and doubles -- which also contributed to the low score -- and I have no memory of attempting to incorporate any kind of strategy other than simply trying to survive. This game was the most gut-wrenching, butt-clenching, "my heart is beating so fast it might literally explode" kind of game (you know what I'm talking about) and I haven't been able to replicate it since. I'm hoping one day I can get there again, sans crippling anxiety. (And maybe a higher score?)

You guys definitely inspire me to keep trying. :)

TETRiS.jpg

5. Hi Beth! Good to see you on the board - and good to meet you in Dallas as well. Keep up the great work - looking forward to seeing the progression and will see you Portland!

Also congrats AaronC on the high score. The max isn't far off!

6. Yes! I really enjoyed this past weekend. So great to meet all of you. If I make it to Portland, it'll be nice to already know a few friendly faces. :)

7. Here's my highest score I got on video. Level 18 start, 706637, level 27 ending with 20 piece long bar drought. Low transition (450k), but I stuck it out in the higher levels. This video was from last March, and I just plateaued around the 700k mark, with 723k being my highest yet.

rocketman and BETHRiS like this.
  8. Screeches from the silence. 847k.

After this, no game of mine will be acceptable until I max out. See you when that happens.

rocketman likes this.
  9. New personal best 969k! This time on a real NES console :)

10. well played sir! playing on a real console helps sooo much.

Svavar likes this.
  11. Thanks Chad, been practicing level 19 a lot lately, not improving much yet
    Impressive game! Way to stick with it after the transition and good job ending with a bang.

Svavar likes this.
  12. svavar maxed out baby! congrats to him! video coming soon!

Qlex, Svavar and rocketman like this.
  13. I MAXED!!!!!!!! OOOOOHHHH YEAH BABY

AaronC, Kitaru, rocketman and 3 others like this.
  14. Amazing job, and way to stay cool near the end with a couple of misdrops. Congrats!!

Svavar likes this.
  15. Not much going on in this thread, so I figured I would post this. About a week or so ago, I got over 850k for the second time. This is my second highest score.

Svavar and rocketman like this.
  16. I've been going through my old, old notebooks, sort of reminiscing and what not. And look what I found! This is the list of "max-out" guys from the old Tetris messageboard from the Tetris Taxonomy (arkmay.com/tetris). A quick google search shows that David commented on the Thor max-out video on youtube and claims to have maxed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Sep 2015
  17. wonder if any of them still play...

18. put this down today ..not sure about the exact line count , but its on level 25....

Svavar and Qlex like this.
  19. NO WAY! i never thought i would be beat! you fucking rock dude. well played, and can't wait to see you this year.

PS you can't stay at my house anymore. find your own lodging. ;)

PPS that is around 197! sheeeeeeesh

20. i was pissed when you got an earlier 19 max....had to get revenge........it was about a 657 transition.....hopefully this stands for a while.......