Let's Talk Controllers.

Thread in 'Hardware' started by kapat, 19 Nov 2008.

1. Ken_P

Ken_P Unregistered

I think the buttons are the same as on my old FS3. Stock Hori buttons are just fine for Tetris, but you will feel a difference with an upgrade. The way I see it, if you're going to spend the money for the good stick, spend just a little bit more to upgrade the buttons too, especially since they require virtually no effort to swap out.

2. Benson G

Benson G Unregistered

So what would be the optimal stick for use with pc & xbox 360? Open to controller suggestions as well.

3. Waaah!

I'm from the Philippines and I don't know where to buy a decent arcade stick for the PC.

4. m:)

m:) Unregistered

Every body mentions the HRAP 3 its USB and can be found on the internet.
    however if your not afraid of a soldering iron you can mod some other stick.
    I modded a hori fighitng stick wii so I can play VC games on my wii and have a nice stick for tetris.

fun fun stuff.

5. The best you can get on the X360 would be the Streetfighter 4 Fightstick Tournament Edition.

6. I have a really inexpensive stick I got from e-bay (cost me 15 euros). I bought a Seimitsu stick and Sawnwa buttons and modded it. I made some mistakes, but it was fun and I'm looking to do this again (without the mistakes). It's a good controller for Tetris but the Seimitsu stick made a huge difference from the original one.

Personally I don't think you need a HRAP or VSHG if you're going to buy custom parts anyway. The modding can take some effort and you're not guaranteed to get it right but what the heck. HRAP seems like a waste of money to me.

7. Benson G

Benson G Unregistered

Can it go 4-way [​IMG]

8. Sanwa's JLF-TP-** stick is inside the SF4 TE controller, so yes.

9. My custom stick, made by finkle over on the SRK forums.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<(^^)>

10. m:)

that's a sexy stick.. i had a crush on hello kitty when i was a youngster

11. lgb

lgb

Keyboards. They're cheap and they don't break, they come with virtually any computer in existence, and you can do so much more with one.

Keyboards, dude.

13. m:)

ouch, they make my shoulder hurt like heck. no way for me to play, I last about 10 games and it lays me up for days.

14. Yeah keyboards give me RSI (though I haven't used them for prolonged intense gaming in ages) and they definitely do break. Keys can stop responding etc. Many outright suck with keys that simply aren't sutied for gaming.

15. lgb

lgb

No way. I've never had a keyboard (old and new) break on me unless I've damaged it with force or random bits and pieces of crap gets in them (and cleaning it usually solves those problems).

16. keyboards are awesome.

mouse is underrated.

i've never tried a trackball.

17. Muf

Muf

I've had microswitches on clicky keyboards die on me before. Usually easier and cheaper to get another keyboard, than to attempt to fix the problem.

18. just wait for the Sanwa keyboard...xD

19. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Gamepads. You can use more than one with a computer.[1]

How about the DAS keyboard?

[1] A USB hub also works for plugging more than one keyboard into one PC, but Windows makes it a pain in the behind for an app to find which keyboard a particular keypress came from.