I piece ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thread in 'Strategy' started by XaeL, 2 Aug 2010.

1. ok i'm gonna link to some fumen.

I dont know how to manipulate the I piece and its annoying me now.
    I looked at the rotation table and it looks completely doable

this is in 20g.

Fumens

Ignore the fact that i can IRS

Should those rotations be possible and i jsut suck at hitting rotate button? or are they actually impossible?
    THe rotation chart says that they are VERY possible, without any kicks, in fact!

2. Muf

Muf

Only your first example is possible, your second example is blocked by the stack in column 3. Intuitively I'd rotate right though (not that it matters, because ARS only has two rotation states for the I-piece).

3. doesnt it kick once to right, then left? hence it *should* be possible?

and first example i dont know why but it never works. i hit rotate and nothing happens.

4. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

To quote from the wiki:

"In addition to these rules, there are some extra exceptions where certain wall kicks are not allowed:

* The I tetromino will never kick."

As for your first example though, it definitely does work. Make sure you're not hitting the rotation button too early; try setting the position up in Nullpo and practicing with Classic2 rotation, over and over, until you get the timing.

5. Muf

Muf

That's a common misconception; ARS doesn't kick the I piece at all. I don't know why that is, but you have to rely on basic rotation only.

6. oh. didnt know that I doesnt ever kick. THATS INSANE

7. Don't mind me, just gonna rage over side bias for a second.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

8. It takes a true warrior to play with column 1 holes...

9. Or just TGM3 :awe:

10. K

K

you need to check and know "when" you can rotate (TGM1 & TGM2 rules) :

11. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

IF you are playing TI or newer, the I piece will kick left or right as far as needed (it can kick right 2 if it has to) and will floorkick ONCE up to 2 spaces up per piece.

Otherwise, it will not kick at all ever under Arika Rotation System