CORRECT Bloxeed dip switch info.

Thread in 'Research & Development' started by Zaphod77, 29 Jan 2011.

1. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

For starters, us and japan use very different dip switch settings for bank 2.

First, Japan, as this is the most interesting.

SW2-1

This switch disables versus mode completely if it is switched ON. Default is off. Versus is ALWAYS same price as single, and the game is one credit start, one credit continue.

SW2-2

Attract Mode Sound. On is Enabled.

SW2-3
    SW2-4

These two switches control lines needed per level.
    If 2-4 is ON, it's two lines per level.
    Otherwise, f 2-3 is ON, it's 4 lines, and if it's off, three lines. Sega Tetris collection is set for three lines and cannot be changed.

SW2-5
    SW2-6

Speed timings. Mame actually has these somewhat right, in the easy is the slowest, and hardest is the fastest.
    On-Off= easy
    Off-Off-normal
    Off-On=hard
    On-On=hardest

SW2-7
    SW2-8

These are a mystery, but i suspect one of them is the "high speed mode" switch. High speed mode means that at level 50, the game goes up to 2g instead of 1g! Sega Tetris Collection does not let you change these dip switches. You can only change pricing, diffuclty, and attract mode sound.

Now for the (mostly inferior) US version.

SW2-1
    SW2-2
    SW2-3

These three switches control price for single player start, single player continue, versus start, and versus continue, in that order in the table below.

off off off= 1 1 2 2
    on off off= 1 1 2 1
    off on off= 1 1 1 1
    On On Off= 2 1 4 4
    off off on= 2 1 4 2
    on off on= 2 1 2 2
    off on on= 2 1 2 1
    on on on= 2 2 2 1

(if you can see the logic here, let me know!)

SW2-4

Attract mode sound. On=enabled

SW2-5
    SW2-6

Same as japan version, except the speed table is different. easy starts much slower.

SW2-7
    SW2-8

Again these are unknown, but i strongly suspect that one of them is the aforementioned high-speed dip switch. I suspect it's 2-8 as that's what the other references all say.

US C-System version is inferior because it only has one rotation button! Audio is different as well, but that's the main problem.

Sega Tetris collection fails even harder here for it's C-System version. You can ONLY change pricing and attract mode sound, and only four of the credit to start/continue option are available. It seems to use a c-board version that's not the same as the US version.

Echo and Kitaru like this.
  2. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

OKay finally managed to reach 50,and can confirm that 2-8 is the high speed dip switch, and works as expected. When you reach 50 and 2-8 is OFF the game kicks into 2G mode to try and boot you off the machine. this is true on system18 version as well as c-board version.

Echo and Kitaru like this.