Texmaster Doubles freeze

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zowayix, 29 Feb 2012.

1. I'm encountering a weird freezing glitch in Texmaster Doubles. So far, it has only occurred whenever Player 2's piece is allowed to land and lock without soft dropping, and nowhere else. Player 1's piece can fall and lock by itself fine. Either piece can be soft dropped and locked fine. I have not tried hard dropping since my Doubles solo setup does not allow it.

I'm running "Texmaster 2009 version 3" on Windows XP Service Pack 3.

My control configuration is:

Player 1:
    E: rotate right
    S: move left
    D: soft drop
    F: move right

Player 2:
    I: rotate right
    J: move left
    K: soft drop
    L: move right

The game does not always freeze when Player 2's piece lands without having been soft dropped, as evidenced when I just start Doubles and let it sit there. Whenever I try to actually play, it always freezes sometime before either player has reached level 100, and appears to occur on the last frame of "lock flash" of Player 2's piece (right before it locks and the white border shows around it).

Any help?

2. I feel bad that this thread is empty, but I think this is one of those Texmaster oddities where no one has a really good answer. :( The only thing I can think of is maybe trying an older version and seeing if it behaves better. You may still run into some strange behaviors in a more stable build -- I recall DDRKirby saying that the game continues running the timer after both players reach 300 and that there is no defined end to the mode.

3. where i can downlaod texmaster?

4. Kind of a late response here, but yes, from what I remember when playing with imiganai, TexMaster wasn't particularly stable on doubles mode (though we still preferred it over TAP at the time, just because the input in TAP was just as frustrating). Kitaru remembered right in that we found that the timer doesn't stop once you hit 300, and I've also experienced the freezing thing as well. I seem to remember it happening a lot more with the big/big mode, though I could be wrong. If memory serves right, I think we deduced that having both of our pieces dropping at the same time in big/big frequently lead to the crash, so we ended up trying to drop our pieces one after the other xD

5. We need an update of Texmaster! xD