Records: [NES NTSC] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 24 Feb 2012.

1. Re: [NES] A-Type

well done cuz! we will get you in the 500 club in no time. come over and play more often. i will get another TV if need be.

2. Re: [NES] A-Type

I've got a 705.114 played on emulator, starting from level 18... I used an original NES controller.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 16 Jan 2014
  3. Re: [NES] A-Type

I'm quitting tetris for a while... and moving to Dr. Mario. Wish me luck :)

But like Arnold said...

4. Re: [NES] A-Type

and like josh tolles said...

PS i got i think the highest transition on record today- and promptly blew it. 677k and the game ended at 782. it was a highlight of an otherwise shitty day of play.

5. Re: [NES] A-Type

Welcome and nice entries, new members! :biggrin:

Mullen...not fair. You live with a Dr. M savant. Color me jealous. :p

Terry! Nice tranny. :facepalm:

Just want to use another smiley... :sneaky:

6. Re: [NES] A-Type

Hey Stiban!

You are german? I am finnish PAL tetris player. I have played tetris already as child but now I have played eleven years in a row. I have some videos on you tube. You tube name is Janutzska Brandy. The real name is Jani Herlevi.

7. Re: [NES] A-Type

Terry I had a nice tranny in the 600s the other day and promptly blew it too. (no video)

Has anybody transitioned in the 700s yet?

8. Re: [NES] A-Type

Great transition. Wel, not to rain on the parade but your transition counted without the two lines after transition is 665,062 leaving kitarus transition of 674,380 as the second highest on record and Bo's of 676,452 as the highest (although for some reason we dont see him clear that last line on the video). But i think this might put you in second. Also David had a high of somewhere between 662684 and 680684 (its not certain as we cant see his lines count. Louie has a 647561, i have a 658364...

Well it looks like this:

Bo: 676452
    Kitaru: 674380
    Terry: 665062
    David: 662684- 680684
    Ben: 658364
    Louie 647561

This list is so far incomplete as i havent checked for the highest from some yet (im at work) I'm thinking some others have some but i cant find them.

9. Re: [NES] A-Type

well sheeeeiiiiit. 665 is still good for me. mike what was yours? i think this is a cool little list- maybe we should keep it up?
    and thanks for tabling all the data ben!

10. Re: [NES] A-Type

665 is VERY good, better than I've ever done. I should really try to make that a little better in fact. But only after i get some Dr. Mario rage resolved ;)

11. Re: [NES] A-Type

Ah I'm reading some one the new scores now... Excellent work everybody!

12. Re: [NES] A-Type

Yes, I managed to hang on over Terry!

I believe David got points for 1 line on his last Tetris, we talked about this the night he did, I could go back to fb and look, but it doesn't really matter.

We all know the gold sits and waits for the first 700k, anything else is just noise.

13. Re: [NES] A-Type

amen, brother. amen.

14. Re: [NES] A-Type

Sorry for the delay in updates. I plan to move the tool to my new computer and do a push tomorrow. Congrats to everyone on their submissions -- keep it up! :)

15. Re: [NES] A-Type

So....

I have three now! :biggrin:

And an improvement as well. I believe the max-out occurred at 224.347 lines, if my calculations were correct. That should slide me into the #6 spot if I am not mistaken.

I have mixed feelings about this one. My plan was to defeat my three carts, which I have done, and then be finished with the game forever. But these last few weeks when I play, I started going for the Level 19 max-out. I play 18 to warm up, and then go to 19 (which is funny because I used to do the opposite!). So I don't know where that leaves me. If I want to go for the 19 max-out, I should stick with it while I am at the peak of my powers. But, also, I feel like I can rest on my laurels now. So, I don't know what to do.

Video will be up in a couple hours here:

Max-Out #3

16. Re: [NES] A-Type

Ah shucks, ya passed me. Very well played!

17. Re: [NES] A-Type

Nice job Josh! 3 maxes in the past 3 months is phenomenal. You're on a tear.

So...I managed my highest transition ever today (664,985ish) then died miserably. O_O

Got a tetris on the transition at 128 lines & a score of 652,982. At 132 lines, the score became 676,989. Total points for the tetris = 24,007. Not certain, but assuming it's a straight calc divided by 4, then 652,982 + 2 lines 12,003.5. = 664,985.5.

Someone educate us all on how this would be officially scored....

http://youtu.be/Tjta6Em7h3k

Attached Files:

Last edited: 24 Jan 2014
  18. Re: [NES] A-Type

The seven points is your pushdown on the longbar, so no need to divide that.

19. Re: [NES] A-Type

Cheers Bo!

20. Re: [NES] A-Type

I've never been super sure of how to calculate the pushdown on transitions, but I would be happy with any standard way. You could divide as the push down is also shared (or is it?), or not divide. Like Bo I prefer the not divide method as pushdown sort of rests prior to line clear and should be considered to come prior to it. Really this would be the case in any situation, so if you got 12 push down on your very first line clear it actually goes pushdown, then line clear since the pushdown actually happened before the line clear.

I should check though to be sure that I had calculated other transitions along these lines as I think I divided, robbing some people of 3 or 4 points. Not much of course but good standards are good standards and should be stuck to ruthlessly ;)