Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. I'm getting close to my two secrets objectives:
    1 get a 500 in 3min25.01 (just for fun ^^ )
    2 get to 500 under 3min25 without locking at all from 300 on a consistent basis

[​IMG]

2. Such a decent improvement, and it only moves me above DeHackEd :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Video is being made. I'm almost tempted not to post it because I reckon I'll get Gm so soon :p

Last edited: 14 Jul 2010
  3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

That is fun, when I did my 943 I was also sure to do GM in the few following days.
    I am sure Edo thought the same after his 998 :D

4. Except I've just had two runs in two days which could easily have been Gm if things had just gone slightly differently. I've discovered the trick to getting runs that break 600 comfortably.

5. Ai

Ai

Nice job Rosti. It's great to see you get close to Gm soon after your little break. ^^

6. man, I can't believe you made it to 919 with that awful beginning lol

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It was so depressing to see that actually, I was already using that version.
    And no unfortunately, I don't feel ok to get GM properly, except by a fluke game when I have a good set of piece with a clean mind..

I still wonder, this week end I checked, I have clicked on the first link I saw called shmupmametgm, and inside there was 2 exe files :
    mametgm and mametgm64.
    I am already using the mametgm.exe, so I guess I am not outdated.

8. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Dammit, I take a break and look what happens!

9. Muf

Muf

It depends on your system, either way the difference is minimal. If you have more than 2GB memory it could be you're running 64-bit windows, in which case it could be better to run mametgm64. Basically, the difference is that the 64-bit version doesn't need to run virtualised, can address more memory, and might be a bit faster because of the larger register size. If you doubleclick it and it says "This program cannot be used with this version of Windows" or something like that, don't worry, it just means you're running 32-bit.

10. I already have better records on Texmaster Sudden, but I just wanted to post a reasonable Death record for now.

[​IMG]

Going to concentrate on TGM+ from now on :twisted:

11. [​IMG]

New record for TAP Death. A bit different to play from Sudden after who knows how many games. I've had 490 on Sudden for a while, so maybe I should just stick to Death and hopefully hit 500 on there at some point.

12. [​IMG]

465 now. Tried to force myself to play faster than I'm normally comfortable with, got two silver STs followed by a gold into 300. Had a really good stack consistently throughout and had almost nothing in garbage until 400 where the speed increase completely screwed me.

Not something I'm too worried about at the moment, but I can't seem to make myself play fast at all in TAP. I don't use it much, but I do a hell of a lot better with TGM3's ruleset. Through Nullpomino where you can play Death with TGM3 rules, I play much quicker and can break torikan most of the time (This might be because of the 4/6 level clear with triples and tetrises though, right? :D), while I seem to really struggle trying to force myself to play faster in TAP Master/Death.

13. Try to play without locking at all: you will train tetris stacking in 20g from 0 to 300 then train speed resistance after 300, starting with a clean stack.
    When you will be able to reach 500 consistently, start to lock. It shouldn't be a problem since you would then be used to the 300-500 speed.

14. but...but i'm so laaazzyyyy and addicted to playing fast xDDD

15. Hahaha, this describes me perfectly. Definitely something I'll do in my next few sessions and see how it goes, though.

16. [​IMG]

Haha, YES! I had a really good 300+ run up until this one spot where I screwed up a rather obvious piece placement and panicked a bit. Was able to (eventually) finish the full 500 levels, though.

17. ei

ei

Oh hey it's a new record.

[​IMG]

INP
    (INP is for lagless MAME as always).

Code:
    EIHoppe ----------- 599 @ 4:05:73
    I lost it pretty hardcore at the 599 levelstop and couldn't clear anything to get to the 600 section unfortunately, but a new record is a new record. It was also a rather slow game (500 was at 3:23 I think?), so bleh.

If anyone would be willing to video-ize me captain, that would be lovely and much appreciated.

EDIT: Video's up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWyNlQGsVk

Last edited: 26 Aug 2010